IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:30 AM, AnotherSpin said:

Nothing unexpected. Romani or gypsies are from Rajasthan and some other regions of North India historically, and their music is an important source of Bregovic scores.

If you are interested in Rajasthani Gypsies this book is a very interesting read:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Desert-Places-Robyn-Davidson/dp/014015762X/

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Came across a Persian group named "Rohub Ensemble" today.  Without doubt I would pay not to have to see them at any of the live performance spaces they recorded videos in.  This to me exemplifies where a lot of the trouble I have listening to world music stems from.  This first video appears to have been shot in their home and the second en plein air.  Amazing what a difference that makes compared to some college amphitheater they shoved a podium off stage at an hour earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

Amazing!

Oaky, I was prepared to be pissed at you for polluting this thread with more of your cow sh*t (everyone knows you have a fetish and your own Cow Music thread), but indeed this fellow plays amazing cow horn!  If I closed my eyes it was almost like listening to a moody Miles Davis solo.  :D

Thanks,

--Alex C.

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

Oaky, I was prepared to be pissed at you for polluting this thread with more of your cow sh*t

As the OP I absolutely don't mind derailing this thread, especially if cows are the subject :)

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

If I closed my eyes it was almost like listening to a moody Miles Davis solo.  :D

OTOH the sound of the lower registers reminds me of Coltrane's soprano :D

@Nikhil It's from Bimhuis Hall in Amsterdam I mentioned earlier on this thread. They organize really interesting gigs!

@christopher3393 Tibetan - kaʊ ( བ་ཕྱུགས ) :)

• 2 weeks later...