IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry for the out of thread, but somebody knows about "region restrictions" from 7DIGITAL ?

There is nothing indicated in their web page, but I'm allowed for MP3 only.  I'm south of the border, deep in the rainforest ...

Thanks,

Roch

PS/ I could go NetShade way, but need to know where in the planet is available the whole cow.

3 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I think the company is based in the UK but it tries to force you to purchase from your local store, if there is one. I am in Canada but I've been able to purchase from the US store (https://us.7digital.com) using a VPN. Haven't tried to purchase from the UK store (https://www.7digital.com). Accounts created on one site appear to work for all of their sites.

Many thanks Kuma !

Roch

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Superdad said:

Well you will pleased to know that my appointment with the ear/nose/throat doctor was today (two hours in the waiting room tried my patience).  I addressed a range of concerns with him (sinus issues, tinnitus, smell that only I smell), including my snoring and apnea.  Got the referral for the obligatory “sleep study,” which fortunately these days can be done at home with small recording equipment they loan you.

So I’m making progress towards a CPAP machine.  Thankfully the new ones are small, quiet, and comfortable.  9_9

Hi Alex,

Good decision, but you still need the full Apnea exam (one night in the clinic) to determine the type of Apnea and the regulation of the CPAP machine.
With regard to the mask, if any is completely comfortable, there are places where they are made to measure.
At first it takes a bit of getting used to (more or less like sleeping with the mother-in-law ?), but later you do not want to sleep without her (the mask).

Good luck,

Roch

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 6:00 PM, sphinxsix said:

'World Music' by Joseph and James Tawadros - actually my album of the evening No.2 :) - I've taken two days off and discovering a new and interesting oud (and not only oud as this album proves) player doesn't happen to me every day..  

Once again - thanks @semente

It seems that some drainage of my bank account is unavoidable again..

http://josephtawadros.com/

Great album & players, just order it from Amazon !

Recently a daughter brought me, from Spain,  the instrument that appears at 2:44, now I know how to play it ?

Roch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

How about some Japanese Flute music?

I need to replace (update) an old cassette tape from the '70s....

All I wrote on the label was "Koto - Japanese Flute"...

What would be a good recording to allow me to cross this thing off my list and toss the cassette?

Maybe in Qobuz:

Roch

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Vol 2 is maybe even better.

Ok, been exploring flamenco recently. I'm not an expert here so I will ask you guys (I know eg@elcorso and @semente know much more than me on the topic) - is there a contemporary flamenco guitarist which could be compared to Paco de Lucia? What are your flamenco 'desert island' albums?

Vol 2 (there are 3 Tomatito & Michel Camilo) is not strictly Flamenco.

I don't know any contemporary flamenco guitarist that could be compared to Paco de Lucia. There are several imitators that emerged when he put the new Flamenco into fashion. He transformed Flamenco as today, but doesn't match my taste in traditional Flamenco. I like more the traditional.  

It's a long time I don't visit Spain!

This is a good Flamenco available chez Qobuz:

192023798_AntologaSpainFlamenco.jpg.f4618e54d09cf6876a520a51ac794cc0.jpg

Roch