IGNORED

Schiit Gungir Multibit

It seems the Bel Canto uLink is out of production it seems and not sure about the quality of the W4sound convertor.

The cheaper mLink is out of production, but not AFAIK the twice-as-expensive uLink. I sold an mLink recently because I got a really good USB source (Sonore microRendu + Teddy Pardo LPS, ~$1000 US) that obviated the need for the mLink that had been helping my Bifrost Multibit. Still have another mLink feeding a Bel Canto C7R.

The Singxer F1 or SU1 are great and affordable USB to S/PDIf (and AES) bridges with good clocks and galvanic isolation.

I used to have the Aries LE (+ LPS) and Gumby. USB is lacking.

The Rednet 3 + Gumby is awesome.

I have no doubt the Rednet 3 + Gumby sound great. However a Rednet 3 is more expensive then a Gumby. Not going to buy a 1500 euro usb/spdif convertor for a 1250 euro DAC.

[br]

The Singxer F1 or SU1 are great and affordable USB to S/PDIf (and AES) bridges with good clocks and galvanic isolation.

I used to have the Aries LE (+ LPS) and Gumby. USB is lacking.

The Rednet 3 + Gumby is awesome.

I have a Singxer SU-1 coming tomorrow so I will be able to comment if helps to improve things.

I have no doubt the Rednet 3 + Gumby sound great. However a Rednet 3 is more expensive then a Gumby. Not going to buy a 1500 euro usb/spdif convertor for a 1250 euro DAC.

To be clear, the Rednet is not a usb/spdif converter. Its audio over ip (AOIP) so it eliminates the need for USB completely.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I have a Singxer SU-1 coming tomorrow so I will be able to comment if helps to improve things.

To be clear, the Rednet is not a usb/spdif converter. Its audio over ip (AOIP) so it eliminates the need for USB completely.

Sorry I do not understand.

Right now I have:

NAS--Ethernet-->Streamer--USB-->DAC--RCA-->AMP

So where would the Rednet fit in?

[br]

Sorry I do not understand.

Right now I have:

NAS--Ethernet-->Streamer--USB-->DAC--RCA-->AMP

So where would the Rednet fit in?

What are you using as a streamer? Specifically, what software are you using to play the music? The Rednet would sit between the streamer and DAC. It would communicate with the streamer via ethernet so there is no longer a need for USB.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

What are you using as a streamer? Specifically, what software are you using to play the music? The Rednet would sit between the streamer and DAC. It would communicate with the streamer via ethernet so there is no longer a need for USB.

I use a Auralic Aries LE as streamers and the Auralic Lightning DS software on my iPad.

[br]