IGNORED

Article: AURALiC ARIES MINI and Lightning DS Review

Hi Badri,

Thanks for clarifying.

I sympathise with you about the software "quality" aspects, I'd rather have my DS app to be user friendlier (for instance, sort albums per artist and per year), stabler (no more crashes) and improved overall performance (when reconnecting to the Mini server). I currently rate the DS app 7 on 10 because it does what it needs to however there's plenty of room for further non-trivial improvements.

I've been in touch recently with Auralic's CEO regarding a bug affecting phase inversion in the Mini's settings. Mr Wang is accessible for this sort of things, suggest you get in touch with them using the their support form on the website. I feel that they take their paying clients seriously.

Cheers

Enamel

The waffling on information seems even more suspect seeing as the device does do hi-res since Tidal started streaming it.

As of now, I see hi-res albums in showing up as 24-bit on the UI.

However, their website says MQA will never come to Auralic (when it clearly has): Will MQA support comes to AURALiC device? – AURALIC LIMITED

The link you posted was from last years CES - which was when they announced their intention to support MQA initially.

Now - I understand that all of this is completely explicable. Initially MQA was intended to have direct support in the DAC - but they have since reversed that stance and support software decoding. However - the problem is Auralic's communication in this matter does not keep up.

As for their promises of room correction: What makes ARIES different from other streaming product? – AURALIC LIMITED

See what I mean by confusing/mixed messaging? :) Anyways - my real issue is with their software being hard to use and quite buggy - and only secondarily related to their customer communication. My quandry is - should I have to suffer these issues to get sound quality - or is equivalent sound quality (or better) possible with the uRendu and sonic-transporter with Roon+HQPlayer?

Been there, done that.

In my experience, if you want some REAL headaches, go in that direction.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Been there, done that.

In my experience, if you want some REAL headaches, go in that direction.

Hahahaha! So I take it that the grass is not all green on that side, then? :)

I did a quick search - but couldn't find any information that was immediately relevant about these problems. Any chance you could either elaborate on the issues you ran into - or existing threads on here that discuss them in detail?

Ta!

Hahahaha! So I take it that the grass is not all green on that side, then? :)

I did a quick search - but couldn't find any information that was immediately relevant about these problems. Any chance you could either elaborate on the issues you ran into - or existing threads on here that discuss them in detail?

Ta!

Take a look at my posts in related threads and you'll find the pertinent information.

I went the full route. It was circular - back to Auralic Aries.