IGNORED

Anyone here have Sirius XM? What channels do you listen to?

I have Sirius in my car and it is convenient for long trips and such. My question stems from the fact that I seem to be unable to find much current music on it. There's the 50s-00s, then classic vinyl, bridge, etc. What channels are good for finding new stuff besides Hits 1? I just can't do today's pop. Rock, Jazz, AC or anything where people are playing real instruments is fine.

XMU is the hipster station of SIRUS/XM and plays a lot of new stuff you've probably never heard before. Worth a shot for sure. If you are a metal head, Liquid Metal plays a lot of new music. Unfortunately there are not really any stations dedicated to newer mainstream rock 'n roll. Does AOR even exist anymore?

It can be so hard to crank up any of their rock stations in the car. Their bitrate can get so low and compression so high that it sounds like you are listening underwater.

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

• 1 month later...

I listen to SirusXM mostly in the car and sometimes at home through Sonos. I don't think of it as being high quality, just convenient since I have those all over my house (and outside too). I also have one of the Connect boxes connected via it's optical out going into my home theater, which does sound much better than the Connect:Amp.

Only in the car:

ESPN Radio - 80

Lithium - 34 (very repetitive)

1st Wave - 33 (relive the '70s-'80s New Wave; I have picked up on Echo & The Bunnymen...never listened to them then but wish I had)

SiriusXMU - 35 (Sometimes my favorite and other times I skip through. They have spurts of Chillwave/Psychedelic and I have picked up new music)

AltNation - 36

If I cannot find anything I scroll down to 25-27 which are the Classic Rock stations.

I have periods of long drives so I get through all the stations pretty regularly.

chris

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers