IGNORED

Best Lossless Music Streaming Service ?

I am in the US so qobuz is out. Tidal sounds great but it is a mess to get to work properly. Suggestions for other lossless services are appreciated. Thanks, enjoy...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Thanks for the input, but I am looking to get streaming from other than my content. I just wish Qobuz was her e... enjoy.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I am in the US so qobuz is out. Tidal sounds great but it is a mess to get to work properly. Suggestions for other lossless services are appreciated. Thanks, enjoy...

Have not any issues with Tidal either through their desktop application or mobile. What happened with Tidal at your end?

David

when I choose a specific album it often brings up other albums that have a relationship with that album and not the specific album I request. Tidal times out and stops way too much during searches. In conclusion I have to bounce between different albums of the artist I want until I get the one album that I specifically want. Does this help. The quality of the sound is excellent however especially with Amarra for Tidal.

Thanks for the input, but I am looking to get streaming from other than my content. I just wish Qobuz was her e... enjoy.

Get a VPN, then Qobuz. OOPs, looks like you have to pay with a card issued from the territory.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

when I choose a specific album it often brings up other albums that have a relationship with that album and not the specific album I request. Tidal times out and stops way too much during searches. In conclusion I have to bounce between different albums of the artist I want until I get the one album that I specifically want. Does this help. The quality of the sound is excellent however especially with Amarra for Tidal.

That sounds like odd behavior. If it's on your desktop I'd delete it and download it again and the same if it's in your iPad / iPhone. Searches are extremely fast, none glitchy, and when all an artists albums come up it's rock solid selecting one and pressing play.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.PNG

IMG_0025.jpg

David

@realhifi... I will attempt your suggestion later today. Thank you.

OK It is still misbehaving. It is an issue with Tidal as I tried it from another resource and the same issue occurs.

OK... the fault is with Amarra for Tidal that in using this the searches are glitchy. Using Tidal directly works ok... Of course I will contact Amarra.

Thanks for the suggestion of Audirvana ....

I have both Amarra and Audirvana+ for Tidal streaming. Amarra is way too buggy to the extent that it is unusable. A+ has no real issues and a nice IOS remote.

Qobuz remains an option to explore provided you use VPN. I used to buy music from qobuz with my local card with no issues whatsoever.

You can get Qobuz in the US by using a VPN like Tunnel Bear.

I've tried, without success. They may have cracked down since the good old days when you could just write them and get access. Or I'm just bad with VPN setup. We need a thread that gives step by step instructions for how those outside Qobuz zone can nonetheless subscribe. ;) or better a set of foolproof instructions that can be PMd to interested members. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has succeeded in getting VPN into Qobuz in the last two months. Again, my suspicion is that they've had to crack down.

I've tried, without success. They may have cracked down since the good old days when you could just write them and get access. Or I'm just bad with VPN setup. We need a thread that gives step by step instructions for how those outside Qobuz zone can nonetheless subscribe. ;) or better a set of foolproof instructions that can be PMd to interested members. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has succeeded in getting VPN into Qobuz in the last two months. Again, my suspicion is that they've had to crack down.

You don't need VPN to access Qobuz streaming but you may need to pay with a credit card tied to a European address. I emailed Qobuz support, told them I'm a UK citizen working abroad and asked them for access. Well worth the effort as it beats Tidal on every level.

Interesting. So you are in the US or somewhere else where they don't yet operate? I emailed them from US and asked them if I could have access (rumor here on CA was that's all it took), but they replied they couldn't. Then I tried to "break in" via VPN and a fake google email address that put me in a small village in France. Not successful. But clearly I'd like to pay them for a while and compare with tidal . . .

Interesting. So you are in the US or somewhere else where they don't yet operate? I emailed them from US and asked them if I could have access (rumor here on CA was that's all it took), but they replied they couldn't. Then I tried to "break in" via VPN and a fake google email address that put me in a small village in France. Not successful. But clearly I'd like to pay them for a while and compare with tidal . . .
Yes I'm in Asia but I am a UK citizen.