IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 launch thread!

Is it ok to leave it connected to a microRendu and on all the time? Will this reduce the life of the LPS-1?

Does the switching between capacitor banks cause any audible clicking sound?

What is the switching frequency between banks?

Will this stop any leakage current that may be coming from a router connected via USB to a microRendu if the mR is powered by a LPS-1?

Thanks

The LPS-1 is designed to be left on 24-7.

The bank switching is done with transistors so there is no noise.

The time between bank switching depends on the out current. For 1A it switches about every 4 seconds. For low current output like a REGEN it is a couple minutes.

On your last question I am not sure what you are asking, the USB on the microRendu is the OUTPUT not the input. If you mean the Ethernet jack, then yes, the MicroRendu is galvanically isolated from the Ethernet cable, and the LPS-1 powering the microRendu prevents any leakage current through the power connection.

John S.

Greg in Mississippi

Everything Matters!

2 systems... Well-Tempered Refs->ET-2.5->DIY or Lounge LCR MkII phono stages

Standalone digital Sony HAP Z1-ES or SDTrans384/Soekris DAM DAC

Networked digital Zotac PI320-W2 LMS Server -> EtherRegen -> USBBridge Sig -> Katana / Ian GB / Soerkis / Buffalo-IIIPro DACs

Passive S&B TX102 TVC or ladder attenuators -> BHK-250 -> Eminent Tech LFT-VIII / IV / VI

ALL gear modified / DIY'd; cables MIT;  all supplies DIY’d or LPS-1.2s w/HUGE Ultracaps; Audio gear on DIY AC filters + PS Aud P15s; misc gear on separate AC w/filters

Me, too.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

Mine's ordered!

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

--Alex C.

P.S. I'll come back and start answering the posted questions later today. Once I recover from this shock. ;)

But it's a *happy* shock, right Alex? Alex??

;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The fun has begun--and orders are rolling in fast. 120 sold in the first 5 minutes! This is insane.

You guys are the greatest!

If you are in the initial 150 unit shipment, your order confirmation will say

If your order was for the UltraCap™ LPS-1, congratulations on being among the first 150 to be receiving this revolutionary new power supply. Production has begun, and we expect everything to go smoothly for shipment or your unit by October 14th.

I thought I was pretty quick, but I think I barely made it!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

your order was for the UltraCap™ LPS-1, congratulations on being among the first 150 to be receiving this revolutionary new power supply. Production has begun, and we expect everything to go smoothly for shipment or your unit by October 14th.

Yep. I'm in. I'm so thankful my wife doesn't look at this particular bank account. :)

SonicTransporter i5 -> Linn KDS/3 -> M3a-800S -> EgglestonWorks Andra II

Please let us know soon if we are part of the "lucky 150". I waited up to 2am in Sydney to place the order [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it should give you an idea from the web order number (mine was 4094)you receive as email confirmation from Uptone -

ER / Geisman OXCO / Grimm MU1  / Dutch & Dutch 8C / Townshend Seismic Isolation

HP - SMSL Sanskrit 10th A’ , Woo Audio WA5 LE, Hifiman HEK v2

Yep. I'm in. I'm so thankful my wife doesn't look at this particular bank account. :)

YUP never tell the wife what things cost. Key to a successful audiophile marriage. The older you get, the questions of what it cost end and the shaking of the Mrs' head gets more and more as she ignores the equipment coming and going or the BS, "Oh it didn't cost me anything as I used what I sold X for to buy Y".

Well that was quick.

First 150 sold in first 10 minutes! Taking orders for the next 100 for end-of-October shipment.

If your order number is 4175 or below, you made it into the first group--with October 14th ship date.

Order numbers 4176 and above will be ready to ship at the end-of-October.

This should also be reflected in the order confirmation e-mail.

Now my staff and I really need to knuckle down and get to work on these. The boards arrive tomorrow.

MANY THANKS AGAIN.

Wow, I almost missed out on the initial 150. For some reason my credit card was being declined. I switched cards and finally my order went through at 12:07 EDT. The email confirmation states "If your order was for the UltraCap™ LPS-1, congratulations on being among the first 150 to be receiving this revolutionary new power supply" ... So it looks like I'm good to go!

Edit// Alex just confirmed those with orders under 4175 are getting the first shipment. I'm order 4166. Barely made it!

That was a pleasant ordering experience. I remember trying to order a Nexus 4 from Google. Things disappeared from your shopping basket during the checkout process.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

#4118... Whew. I had to use a coffeehouse connection today instead of my home fiber; I've never watched that spinning wheel so intently!

I can't believe how much better my system sounds with the changes made this year vs. the last 20-ish years of "improvements." Thanks Alex and John!!!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Well that was quick.

First 150 sold in first 10 minutes! Taking orders for the next 100 for end-of-October shipment.

If your order number is 4175 or below, you made it into the first group--with October 14th ship date.

Order numbers 4176 and above will be ready to ship at the end-of-October.

This should also be reflected in the order confirmation e-mail.

Now my staff and I really need to knuckle down and get to work on these. The boards arrive tomorrow.

MANY THANKS AGAIN.

That's not a bad sale/revenue rate Alex! approx $99 per second (assumes everyone ordered the energising supply as well) - great launch

ER / Geisman OXCO / Grimm MU1  / Dutch & Dutch 8C / Townshend Seismic Isolation

HP - SMSL Sanskrit 10th A’ , Woo Audio WA5 LE, Hifiman HEK v2

The fun has begun--and orders are rolling in fast. 120 sold in the first 5 minutes! This is insane.

You guys are the greatest!

Thanks a ton. You won't be disappointed.

Best,

--Alex C.

P.S. I'll come back and start answering the posted questions later today. Once I recover from this shock. ;)

YAY!

I'm psyched to get this, and see how much an improvement it might make sandwiched in with my Teradak 9v LPS