IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 launch thread!

Feelingears, the Remedy is a reclocker for SPDIF and other inputs like the Recovery is for USB right?

I saw in your other thread you listed the microRendu for sale. But you still need a source/ streamer right? What are you using in comparison to the microRendu?

I apologize for being too eager to share my impression of what the LPS-1 has done in my system, my ears/biases, etc. Probably because I am always getting Remedy and Recovery mixed up (I have both).

My updated path is in my signature below. It's partly the challenge of getting digital data thru the messy alphabet soup of formats/interfaces. And WAF. And no interest in Roon, etc. The good thing is that my #1 input path bests #2 by only a "wheel length." I could happily live with #2 (at least until I try an upgraded coax cable in #1!).

And of course, how about that HQPlayer thing? Then I have to test it all over again! (At least there's no hurry and lots of music along the way.)

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Second batch has begun shipping, got my tracking email today. :)

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Alex,

Got my shipping notice also. I hope you realize we do appreciate how hard you guys are working to get the shipments out as fast as possible, even beating the orignially promised time.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My order number is 4184.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Hi Alex,

May I recommend the FedEx shipping method for customers in the Netherlands (probably other EU too)? It was delivered here in two days, and 20 minutes before the estimation of 12:00 PM. No delays at customs (I had that with the microRendu), no extra fees. Highly recommended.

Still trying to describe the changes in sound, but it is difficult. I am being hindered by the goosebumps that keep crawling up (LPS-1 into microRendu into Chord Hugo to a PSVane TC5 KT120 amp + Totem Model One Signatures). Great stuff.

I have to correct myself, today I got a bill for VAT and handling costs. Extra €48,-

Yes, the LPS-1 can power a SOtM sMS-200.

More specifically; yesterday I powered up a SOtM sMS-200 via a LPS-1 and played music via network; no issues. I then plugged a SSD into the sMS-200; no issues. LPS-1 kept powering it. I did not bother trying to play music via the SSD, just via network.

Cheers,

John

(copied my own post from another thread in case some here are also wondering)

while i have a lps-1 running in my home system, will there be any to play with at the NYC audio show next weekend?

Good question. There is a chance that one or more exhibitors were among the first buyers of the LPS-1 and will use it in a room. I certainly did not have the time to solicit placement or loan a unit specifically for the show. Production and sales always come first--behind marketing. (That works because our products work and the users do the marketing for us! ;))

To be honest, audio shows are generally a loosing proposition for most manufacturers--especially small ones. During my Hovland Company era, we typically spent $10K+ per show (all expenses, including a small exhibit room). During the years when CES Las Vegas still attracted all the overseas distributors the investment was worthwhile--resulting in expanded trade business for the balance of the year.

But end user shows--especially the smaller regional ones--are a losing proposition. The people who understand and have application for our particulate niche of products are spread around the world and find us here and on the web through word-of-keyboard.

About the only real benefit to doing a show is catching a few press people, and getting to meet in person some of the folks who have bought and enjoyed our stuff or have read John and my writings. That's something I would enjoy. Maybe we'll do RMAF in Denver next year. We will certainly have additional interesting products by then.

In the meantime, we are heads down in production to meet our promised ship dates...

Ciao,

--Alex C.

Good question. There is a chance that one or more exhibitors were among the first buyers of the LPS-1 and will use it in a room. I certainly did not have the time to solicit placement or loan a unit specifically for the show. Production and sales always come first--behind marketing. (That works because our products work and the users do the marketing for us! ;))

To be honest, audio shows are generally a loosing proposition for most manufacturers--especially small ones. During my Hovland Company era, we typically spent $10K+ per show (all expenses, including a small exhibit room). During the years when CES Las Vegas still attracted all the overseas distributors the investment was worthwhile--resulting in expanded trade business for the balance of the year.

But end user shows--especially the smaller regional ones--are a losing proposition. The people who understand and have application for our particulate niche of products are spread around the world and find us here and on the web through word-of-keyboard.

About the only real benefit to doing a show is catching a few press people, and getting to meet in person some of the folks who have bought and enjoyed our stuff or have read John and my writings. That's something I would enjoy. Maybe we'll do RMAF in Denver next year. We will certainly have additional interesting products by then.

In the meantime, we are heads down in production to meet our promised ship dates...

Ciao,

--Alex C.

Yuppi we like to hear that you are busy building our units :)

Sorry, not saying just yet. A couple are very close, a couple will be a little while longer. :)

...A couple will be large, a couple will be small, a couple will be short, a couple will be tall, a couple will cost some bucks, and others hardly anything at all! :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

...A couple will be large, a couple will be small, a couple will be short, a couple will be tall, a couple will cost some bucks, and others hardly anything at all! :)

Yep ! But if I was in the market for another USB "File Integrity improver", I wouldn't jump in yet and grab an existing product from elsewhere.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I heard a rumor that LPS-1 will be 50% off, and all those who have purchased one (me included) are just sh&$t out of luck . . .

Timing is everything - you wanted to save that for April 1st...

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.