IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 launch thread!

My shipment arrived Friday, and I continue to be impressed with how good things sound powered via an LPS-1.

A question about supply voltages: I know the LPS-1 is designed to be able to provide its available output voltages when supplied with regulated DC at any voltage from 7.5v to 12v, as long as the published current needs are met.

That's what it can do; but what would it like to do? Given that a have available a selection of fixed-voltage and adjustable-voltage power supplies, if there's no particular reason from my perspective to pick one... what's the optimal feeder voltage for the LPS-1, what makes it work least hard?

Give that I could supply it with any of 7.5v, 9v, or 12v... what will the LPS-1 be most comfortable sipping when providing 7v out?

If this answer is different for the other output voltages, it'd be great to know the answers for them as well, just for completeness.

Thanks!

I personally run mine at 9V to even these two out.

[...]

PLEASE don't get wigged out over choosing the "optimal input voltage" use whatever you have that works.

Thanks for the response! I promise I won't obsess, it was literally a question of which existing power supply to pull off the shelf and if there was any even slight reason for my hand to go in one direction or another.