IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 launch thread!

#4118... Whew. I had to use a coffeehouse connection today instead of my home fiber; I've never watched that spinning wheel so intently!

I can't believe how much better my system sounds with the changes made this year vs. the last 20-ish years of "improvements." Thanks Alex and John!!!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I am using the LPS-1 now with a W4S Remedy. In my system I prefer it over the microRendu/LPS-1!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Feelingears, the Remedy is a reclocker for SPDIF and other inputs like the Recovery is for USB right?

I saw in your other thread you listed the microRendu for sale. But you still need a source/ streamer right? What are you using in comparison to the microRendu?

I apologize for being too eager to share my impression of what the LPS-1 has done in my system, my ears/biases, etc. Probably because I am always getting Remedy and Recovery mixed up (I have both).

My updated path is in my signature below. It's partly the challenge of getting digital data thru the messy alphabet soup of formats/interfaces. And WAF. And no interest in Roon, etc. The good thing is that my #1 input path bests #2 by only a "wheel length." I could happily live with #2 (at least until I try an upgraded coax cable in #1!).

And of course, how about that HQPlayer thing? Then I have to test it all over again! (At least there's no hurry and lots of music along the way.)