IGNORED

Anyone Using MicroRendu With JRiver For Audio/Video Playback?

I want to see if it is possible to play video on my PC/JRiver and route the movie audio through the MicroRendu.

Currently I listen to music via PC>RoonReady>MicroRendu>PS Audio DSD DAC. But to watch video on the same system I am using PC/JRiver video playback and send the audio signal to the DSD DAC via Audiobyte Hydra Z USB bridge using I2S input on the DAC. I am using the Hydra Z because DSD DAC only has one USB input which I use the MicroRendu for. My PC is a Paul Pang built server and optimizer for USB playback.

I have got the MicroRendu to play JRiver audio via MPD/DLNA. But when I try to play a video in JRiver via DLNA it plays the movie audio but only shows the video's thumbnail on my screen.

I have tried everything I can think of in JRiver but nothing works. Though I have used JRiver for years I am out of guesses.

I want to know if what I am trying is even possible?

If so, how do I make it work?

It would be nice to not have to have the extra box of the Hydra Z and the extra cables.

Vinyl Nirvana Thorens 125 MKII+EAT JO No5 w/ SoundSmith Boran Cantilever>Gold Note PH5+HDPlex 500 ATX+
HDPlex 300>Custom W10 Server>Roon Rock>Euphony Stylus v4+Endpoint v4 Atom/JCAT XE USB>ISO Regen>
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 w/ RoomPerfect>GR Research NX-Studio + Rythmik F18 Servo Sub
"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

Thanks for the confirmation!! Glad it wasn't that I just couldn't figure it out.

I am already talking to Andrew about a custom server using MicroRendu/Roon/HQ Player and including an I2S Pink Faun Bridge to output JRiver to the Directstream.

It should settle the front end of my system for at least a couple of years.....I hope. :)

Vinyl Nirvana Thorens 125 MKII+EAT JO No5 w/ SoundSmith Boran Cantilever>Gold Note PH5+HDPlex 500 ATX+
HDPlex 300>Custom W10 Server>Roon Rock>Euphony Stylus v4+Endpoint v4 Atom/JCAT XE USB>ISO Regen>
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 w/ RoomPerfect>GR Research NX-Studio + Rythmik F18 Servo Sub
"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"
Thanks for the confirmation!! Glad it wasn't that I just couldn't figure it out.

I am already talking to Andrew about a custom server using MicroRendu/Roon/HQ Player and including an I2S Pink Faun Bridge to output JRiver to the Directstream.

It should settle the front end of my system for at least a couple of years.....I hope. :)

I'll talk to him about that...