IGNORED

audio MIDI Setup with a mind of its own and how to fix it

bobbmd

All of a sudden MIDI on 'audio devices' does not indicate what I am using for a 'Device'.

I have a 'I'm Fulla Schiit' (0 in/2 out) a 'Speaker-Schiit USB' (2 in/2 out) and SonicStream( 2 in/2 out) on the audio device page.

The little loud speaker symbol jumps without me changing which device I am using depending on what 'player i am using.

For example-if I listen to ROON Labs/A+/Qobuz alone or TIDAL(without AfT) alone and am listening with my sennheiser 195 wireless headphones with the FULLA- Audio Devices jump from 'I'm FULLA..." to 'Speaker-Schiit...' but the Gungnir DAC is OFF! Sometimes it jumps to

SonicStream and I am not using either sonic Stream player!

And I don't want to even start with what ROON does if I check the appropriate ZONE/GROUP the blue bars move up and down and no music comes out unless I play around with audio setup in ROON and toggle back and forth with MIDI until some how music appears but again not corresponding on MIDI page to what Iam using.

On the larger Audio Device part of MIDI if it says'I'm Fulla Schiit the source default format only gives me 2 choices 44100Hz or 48000Hz nothing else and the FULLA can handle upto 96000Hz and the Gungnir 176000 or 192000 and it doesn't offer 2h-32bit integer only 16 or 24bit

What have I done wrong? It was never like this before and I never had to toggle between MIDI and settings on other devices or players to get music to play

thanks

• 4 months later...
All of a sudden MIDI on 'audio devices' does not indicate what I am using for a 'Device'.

I have a 'I'm Fulla Schiit' (0 in/2 out) a 'Speaker-Schiit USB' (2 in/2 out) and SonicStream( 2 in/2 out) on the audio device page.

The little loud speaker symbol jumps without me changing which device I am using depending on what 'player i am using.

For example-if I listen to ROON Labs/A+/Qobuz alone or TIDAL(without AfT) alone and am listening with my sennheiser 195 wireless headphones with the FULLA- Audio Devices jump from 'I'm FULLA..." to 'Speaker-Schiit...' but the Gungnir DAC is OFF! Sometimes it jumps to

SonicStream and I am not using either sonic Stream player!

And I don't want to even start with what ROON does if I check the appropriate ZONE/GROUP the blue bars move up and down and no music comes out unless I play around with audio setup in ROON and toggle back and forth with MIDI until some how music appears but again not corresponding on MIDI page to what Iam using.

On the larger Audio Device part of MIDI if it says'I'm Fulla Schiit the source default format only gives me 2 choices 44100Hz or 48000Hz nothing else and the FULLA can handle upto 96000Hz and the Gungnir 176000 or 192000 and it doesn't offer 2h-32bit integer only 16 or 24bit

What have I done wrong? It was never like this before and I never had to toggle between MIDI and settings on other devices or players to get music to play

thanks

Hi Bob - What version of OS X / macOS are you using?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris- I use el capitan and iOS is version 9.3.5 on my iphone 6 and probably the same for my ipad air 2( I haven't upgraded because everytime I do I have to pay Jerry's Estate more money for my GD pre-ring tone and ringtone of Box of Rain and Ripple- I think I am the only physician in NY state with GD ringtones!.

Not really same subject but i just received my Meridian Explorer 2 and although Audi Midi recognizes it I can't get it show as device being used either ie the megaphone won't switch to it even though it E2 plays and works especially for MQA BUT after one use of ROON and A+ the music is playing but there is no music coming from the E2(ie no lights on the E2) but it(E2) works if I use TIDAL or Qobuz desktop by themselves but not in ROON or A+. Damien(A+ creator) emailed me immediately and I sent him screenshots of the 'debug list' and all the settings I use on A+-very frustrating because the A+ remote I use on my iPad is best one and now I can't use the E2 to listen to music from A+.

I don't know if I have done something to A+ or what. What do think of all this? Is it the X-Files