IGNORED

Sincere apologies to Cookie Marenco and Blue Coast Music

duxservit

I would like to apologize to Cookie Marenco and Blue Coast records for misquoting them in my recent posting. Instead of cutting/pasting her entire text (or linking to their website), I did a snippet of Cookie’s text which resulted in a possible misunderstanding by the reader. This was unprofessional on my part.

Why Don't More Companies Produce Music in High Resolution? -- Blue Coast Records

I am a big fan of Cookie and Blue Coast, and very much appreciate what they are doing (e.g. with DSD). I am hopeful that more artists will appreciate hi-res and will record with Blue Coast.

In future I promise (a) to provide full references to any material I quote, and (b) to stop whining about the lack of good hi-res audio files.

Again, my sincere apologies to Cookie Marenco and Blue Coast.

Let every eye ear negotiate for itself and trust no agent. (Shakespeare)

The things that we love tell us what we are. (Aquinas)

You should apologize. Cookie has a rational discussion of the market size in the Blue Coast newsletter and you messed it up. This site is not the venue to discuss market size of the recording industry or its parts. DSD will be discussed at a RMAF seminar.

Personally I don't know why you bother to complain about lack good hi-res audio files. It doesn't change the supply and highlights the disconnect between music lovers and audiophiles.

I noticed but am currently too busy to study and contribute into your originating Thread, Not enough consumer demand for hi-res...

Here's recalling a 65 minutes upload that may be of interest :

[video=youtube;p_WP-KR_o7M]

Moderator: Cookie Marenco, Blue Coast Records

Panelists: John Darko, Digital Audio Review; Fiona Joy, artist/performer; David Glasser, Airshow Mastering

We've identified six phases of music production that can alter the original sound of the recording. Only the first three phases are in the control of the artist and producer. We want to believe that all downloaded files or discs or streams sound the same, but we've found otherwise.

Can introducing audiophile standards at any of these stages increase commercial sales? We'll investigate how improvements in music and gear quality can positively effect an industry and what that means to the audiophile buyer.

I am a big fan of Cookie... I am hopeful that more artists will appreciate hi-res and will record with Blue Coast.

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

I would like to apologize to Cookie Marenco and Blue Coast records for misquoting them in my recent posting. Instead of cutting/pasting her entire text (or linking to their website), I did a snippet of Cookie’s text which resulted in a possible misunderstanding by the reader. This was unprofessional on my part.

Why Don't More Companies Produce Music in High Resolution? -- Blue Coast Records

I am a big fan of Cookie and Blue Coast, and very much appreciate what they are doing (e.g. with DSD). I am hopeful that more artists will appreciate hi-res and will record with Blue Coast.

In future I promise (a) to provide full references to any material I quote, and (b) to stop whining about the lack of good hi-res audio files.

Again, my sincere apologies to Cookie Marenco and Blue Coast.

Not to worry..... You meant no harm. We can't help if others don't read and assume what is being said. I'm also not afraid to hear that some people don't like the music I produce. The world has 6 billion people. A million seller has less than .01% of the population buying. Not everyone likes all music. It doesn't deter me.... only bad musicians deter me.

It's sad that many listeners are lemmings... and not able challenge themselves with news artist's music... and for that reason dismiss an entire label because we don't pay for advertising... such is life! At least you are a fan and not a lemming. Someone needs to take a stand on artists who are extremely talent but haven't been discovered.

And funny enough, several people figured out that many of the artists on Blue Coast Records have enjoyed presentation on ECM, Windham Hill and Rounder Records... so we made a little dent. :) thank you for that!

I hope you continue reading and posting... maybe with a little more information.. LOL...

sincere thanks!

Cookie Marenco

Blue Coast Records

Cookie Marenco[br]founder and producer[br]Blue Coast Records[br]http://www.bluecoastrecords.com/