IGNORED

Overall Isolation - network, USB, and power

HELP NEEDED.....

Ive been using usb on my dacs till now. im buying a gunjnir multibit and a breeze du-u8 usb to spdif convertor in april. i prefer coax here. im new to coax implementation and have these two questions..

1)is it a matter of importance that the convertor has galvanic isolation built in to offer the same protection that say an intona can. i rarely see this described in the specs as on the breeze unit or other convertors. or is usb isolation something different here. i understand optical is not affected for eg.

2)is a chain as i will be using due to budgetary limits and a believer in keeping things simple okay like this...imac--bridge(du u8 breeze)--gungnir multibit dac. with decent cable connections. is this enough without the need for extra hardware tweaks (psu's ,regens etc) to do a good job. i understand the breeze convertor has excellent feedback low jitter etc.

many thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...

with asynchrous usb the dac is control with its clock in timing the signal from the computer by sending packets of data to the pc controlling how and when information is received. with an intona or something like a regen is the dac asynchrous usb still fully in control as these devices also reclock the incoming data. if the dac is sending info and commands upstream back to the computer for timing does the digtal data have to pass through the intona or regen in the opposite direction back to the pc. if so do these devices interrupt the dac usb asynchrous to computer communication? thanks mk

If the intona reclocks and reproduces the signal on the downstream as stated on the website is the usb signal or data reclocked on the upstream path from intona back to computer? if so if the dac is controlling the timing of packets of information in its communication to the computer how then is the intona not affecting this process again on the upstream if it also reclocks. the intona i had sounded nice but is it changing the sound signature of the dac?