IGNORED

Article: The Music In Me: Under The Covers

As for that first cover recording, Denny Laine of the Moody Blues heard Ms. Banks’ recording and insisted his band cover it. This was their first single, and they had little success with subsequent singles until 1968 with “Knights In White Satin” and “Tuesday Afternoon,” but by that time Laine had gone to Wings with Paul McCartney, where he sang the song a few times in concert.

I think Denny Laine had left the Moody Blues, but hadn't quite made it to Wings, as in 1968 McCartney was still in a band called "The Beatles". :) Wings didn't form till '71.

Note the song hit #19 in the UK on it's original release, but did much better on subsequent re-releases: #2 in 1972, #1 in the US, and #9 1979 (UK).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nights_in_White_Satin

But the article was very enjoyable. I wasn't aware of the earlier and original versions of these covers. Thanks.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I've got to get your book Fat Chance. KPIG is my favorite radio station. My favorite musical experience last year was driving up Highway 1 listening to the southern stick.

Wait! I'm really glad you want to get FAT CHANCE and you should know that it is now a hardback and in a few weeks it's going to be a paperback. The new version is SLIGHTLY shorter, but both are great reads. KFAT was one crazy-assed ride and very much a product of its time. If you order it now, you can still get it, but in a few weeks it's going to be better. And thanks for the enthusiasm. I understand the impact of KPIG, but wait'll you know more about KFAT!

I hate to date myself but I clearly remember the Moody Blue's version of "Go Now" coming out significantly later than the original. About a year sounds right.

And I also really liked Big Brother's first album.

2010 Mac Mini > Singxer SU-1 > Lampizator Amber II > Rogue Cronus Magnum (modded & NOS signal tubes with 6P3S-e power tubes) > Aural Acoustic Model B speakers. Furutech outlets, PI Audio USB Cable, PAD Aqueous Aureus Praesto Digital IC, Audio Envy ICs & SCs, TWL PCs, and PI Audio Buss-Stop power conditioner.