IGNORED

Audio Alchemy DMP-1

pga

Just installed an Audio Alchemy DMP-1 as a Roon endpoint on a LAN, connected to a Berkeley Reference DAC Series 2 via AES/EBU. Best sound I've had yet, whether from TIDAL or my music library. Also the best user interface I've used.

Audio Alchemy DMP-1 / Roon / Berkeley Alpha RS 2 / Constellation Monos / TAD R1s

I just received a DMP-1 from Peter to play with; when u refer to the UI do you mean the Web Interface??

Thanks

Mike

I'm referring to Roon. The UI for the DMP1 is very basic. Roon is outstanding.

Audio Alchemy DMP-1 / Roon / Berkeley Alpha RS 2 / Constellation Monos / TAD R1s

• 3 weeks later...

Still using the DMP-1 only with Roon. There have been a few firmware updates and also I have Roon now running on its own dedicated HP i7 8 GB, 256 GB SSD Windows 10 PC. The music is on a QNAP NAS. My library is very large with 250,000 tracks, so the i7 really helps with search times. The sound of the system gets better each day, but I don't know if this is attributed to the firmware or the new i7. On an old Mac Pro it would have occasional drop outs, but this is not the case with the i7. Also the transparency and total lack of digital glare is amazing. The TAD R1 is not a forgiving speaker, and until this point they always had a slightly edgy sound. The improvement versus the system with an Aurendet W20 and the first version of the Berkeley Reference DAC is quite large.