IGNORED

Dirac - using multichannel & stereo

Hello,

I have HDMI output on my PC going to multichannel processor, and USB is configured to stereo DAC.

Is it possible to have two Dirac devices installed on my PC, so I can configure media player for movies/shows to use MC Driver version (that will send output pre/pro), and stereo driver will send output to DAC?

thanks,

No I don't think so, you set the VST to whatever filter you like, and JRiver you set to whichever sound card you want to output to. With the processor app you set which filter and sound card you want in there too

I admit I haven't tried it though. Do you have the VST?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

These don't share same output settings & filters?

No I don't think so, you set the VST to whatever filter you like, and JRiver you set to whichever sound card you want to output to. With the processor app you set which filter and sound card you want in there too

I admit I haven't tried it though. Do you have the VST?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

They are the same filters. The Dirac measurement routine is the same for both and I have used filter sets with both the app and the VST.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

They are the same filters. The Dirac measurement routine is the same for both and I have used filter sets with both the app and the VST.

Yes, but they can be selected independently from each other cant they? If you select slot one with filter 1 in the VST you could have a filter 2 in slot 1 in the app?