IGNORED

New Macy Gray

I didn't. On the contrary - I like the sound of the bass and drums a lot. Lots of 'air' around the instruments. And no imaging problems ;)

I agree. My bet is that if your bass or imaging doesn't sound right, that its your setup. Don't get too mad at me for saying this. But this is a very revealing and wonderfully recorded album, and such an excellent recording may well reveal deficits in speaker setup, subwoofer setup and level, etc.

I agree. My bet is that if your bass or imaging doesn't sound right, that its your setup. Don't get too mad at me for saying this. But this is a very revealing and wonderfully recorded album, and such an excellent recording may well reveal deficits in speaker setup, subwoofer setup and level, etc.
Listen closely and you will hear problems with a stable vocal imaging. Your speakers are good enough to show it :) I can hear it even using my cheap headphones..

It's more a question of balance.

I guess it's very apparent that the bass was recorded closed mic and with it's own amplifier...I might be wrong but I hear more the sound of the bass and less the bass itself...if you know what I mean...

I certain tracks the balance is not right because the bass gets a bit bigger that it really is...

On the last track that balance is much better.