IGNORED

Script to disable unnecessary services and apps

beerandmusic

I read about fidelizer and audiophile optimizer but i know there are tons of scripts out there that remove unnecessary services and apps for free. I used to search for these scripts just to make the pc faster back in my geek computer days, so i am sure there are some free scripts out there that do similar as these paid scripts...anyone have a link to a good FREE script for windows 10?

You can turn off unnecessary services by using services.msc software. You can read the guide in Black Viper website here.

Service Configurations – Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

Also, Fidelizer is Windows audio optimization software that focus on improving multimedia platform. Stopping or disabling non-audio services is one of its features in higher optimization level. I recommend to use free version of Fidelizer along with disabled services for free improvement bonus.

Fidelizer - The best way to improve sound quality in Windows

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

^^^thanks

I didnt want to read through articles and make a script...I just wanted a script i could download and could add more commands to later...just something to start with for windows 10 (non-pro, and dont want to install powershell either)...just a vbs or cmd file with the stop commands....something for the "lazy man".

You can turn off unnecessary services by using services.msc software. You can read the guide in Black Viper website here.

Service Configurations – Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

Also, Fidelizer is Windows audio optimization software that focus on improving multimedia platform. Stopping or disabling non-audio services is one of its features in higher optimization level. I recommend to use free version of Fidelizer along with disabled services for free improvement bonus.

Fidelizer - The best way to improve sound quality in Windows

Regards,

Keetakawee

But since you are here....

I have several questions regarding your product.

Your pro $69 version says it does these things that the $39 version doesn't:

1. Support more audio solutions with Audio Profile - (i don't "think" i care about this)

2. Services will be disabled improving Purist effectiveness

3. Optimize core system for audio with system configuration (what does this mean?)

4. Work on headless machine better with startup services

But i don't see any details. My questons are:

1. Why would someone want the $39 version? and what are your sales percentages between the 2 versions.

2. Why not just make one $49 version

3. inre your note 2 above, does that mean the $39 version does not turn off any services?

4. inre your note 3 above does this just mean more services are stopped?

How is someone supposed to make the decision to buy the more expensive version without any details?

Is there any real reason to have 2 different versions?

Do you ever offer discounts to CA or other forums?

But since you are here....

I have several questions regarding your product.

Your pro $69 version says it does these things that the $39 version doesn't:

1. Support more audio solutions with Audio Profile - (i don't "think" i care about this)

2. Services will be disabled improving Purist effectiveness

3. Optimize core system for audio with system configuration (what does this mean?)

4. Work on headless machine better with startup services

But i don't see any details. My questons are:

1. Why would someone want the $39 version? and what are your sales percentages between the 2 versions.

3. inre your note 2 above, does that mean the $39 version does not turn off any services?

How is someone supposed to make the decision to buy the more expensive version without any details?

: You should care because playing from local and network storage requires different optimizations. Streaming audio to network players will work better with Pro options. But I agree with you that Plus already cover enough with audio and network player options.

: It will apply my own tweaks through long years research that improve sound quality a lot more with optimal settings for kernel, file and memory I/O, and many others.

: Plus is for people who don't want to make permanent changes to system or don't have budget for software above $50. Most people bought Pro though.

: For people who want non-permanent and permanent versions.

: Yes so it won't leave permanent changes to system.

: Yes, free version will cover up to Windows 7 and Plus/Pro version will cover up to date as Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. The main reason to upgrade is to get better core multimedia optimizations not just additional services.

: You're right. I should update information to be more relevant soon. Thanks.

: As I mentioned before, for people who don't want to leave permanent changes to system and people who don't mind making permanent changes.

: I'd love to but Chris has been ignoring me for years. I tried to mail him every year but still no reply from him or his crew. I can't make official offer for CA without his assistance so none so far.

Regards,

Keetakawee

woudn't one version that had a wizard that asked you

optimize for network or optimize for local and then have a separate script to restore settings make more sense?

Is there anything more than what you can do with a batch command that just stops services and possibly a frew registry hacks that actually improves audio? And if so, how many configuration changes are there? And are these done in both the pro and the regular?

woudn't one version that had a wizard that asked you

optimize for network or optimize for local and then have a separate script to restore settings make more sense?

Is there anything more than what you can do with a batch command that just stops services and possibly a frew registry hacks that actually improves audio? And if so, how many configuration changes are there? And are these done in both the pro and the regular?

woudn't one version that had a wizard that asked you optimize for network or optimize for local and then have a separate script to restore settings make more sense?

: It doesn't make any sense for any end user to have software and separated script for purchase. I can easily do a single version by just removing Fidelizer Plus version. It also made no sense to me to remove the option and the product's price to $49. And some customers who don't like to apply permanent approach will eventually ask me to make separated non-permanent ones like free version at cheaper price.

And you keep saying about batch script so let me tell you this. Fidelizer involves a few API calls to improve audio performance through multimedia framework that can't be done outside scripting. Without Fidelizer software, you can't get everything in Fidelizer elsewhere, ever. Stop thinking Fidelizer as batch script software or you'll get no where to understand how this product works even in free version.

Is there anything more than what you can do with a batch command that just stops services and possibly a frew registry hacks that actually improves audio?

: Yes, as I said, there's multimedia services optimizations and API calls to manage kernel and multimedia framework for better audio performance as shown below:

1. Multimedia Class Scheduler Service (MMCSS) optimization: You may see some DAW software having MMCSS options and we have no clue what they do specifically, as if it’s the developers’ secrets. At least you can find an explanation in Fidelizer and here’s how it’s done.

-Keep audio tasks working steadily without losing focus to other tasks.

-Raise audio task priority, over all others, like I/O, etc.

-Increase more frequent time slice for audio resource utilization.

2. Kernel timer resolution optimization: I first discovered this from DPC Latency checker software. I used to have stuttering audio for low latency playback but running this software stopped the stuttering. I looked further and found it changed the kernel timer resolution from 15.6ms to 1ms, fixing this stuttering issue. I added this to Fidelizer and set it to the lowest possible resolution (0.5ms). This would solve most low latency issues in digital audio.

3. Audio thread priority optimization: Here’s a real gem. This is the only unique feature that I couldn’t find any software claiming to do and it needs to be done from Core Audio’s API call. It will increase audio thread priority, real audio thread not increasing process priority in Task Manager so audio performance is improved from its core.

There are features from basic Consumer level in free version. Features that could be replicated as batch script are features in Audiophile/Purist level but its fundamentals can't be replicated outside as a batch script. Plus/Pro version will have some feature working better.

And if so, how many configuration changes are there?

: You can see list of configuration changes from here.

About Fidelizer | Fidelizer

And are these done in both the pro and the regular?

: Aside from system tweaks and startup features, all versions has the same main features but improved version will work better and support better.

Regards,

Keetakawee

ok, thanks, i checked out your website, thanks.

Another question before i buy.

If i go with the PRO version, can you switch bettween levels?

For example, if i use the computer ONLY for audio, but sometimes i want to go to the internet, can i switch back and forth between purist and another level that allows internet? Or do you have option to "undo" all changes and then "redo" back?

ok, thanks, i checked out your website, thanks.

Another question before i buy.

If i go with the PRO version, can you switch bettween levels?

For example, if i use the computer ONLY for audio, but sometimes i want to go to the internet, can i switch back and forth between purist and another level that allows internet? Or do you have option to "undo" all changes and then "redo" back?

Of course. You can freely switch between user levels, reboot and viola! You can also freely use internet on purist user level except you choose 'Audio Player (Without network connection)' option. If you aren't that serious, it won't affect internet function.

You can see how Fidelizer Upgrade Program improves sound quality from testimonials below. I'm updating it from customer's feedback like almost everyday. :)

Customers’ Feedback | Fidelizer

Regards,

Keetakawee

I read about fidelizer and audiophile optimizer but i know there are tons of scripts out there that remove unnecessary services and apps for free. I used to search for these scripts just to make the pc faster back in my geek computer days, so i am sure there are some free scripts out there that do similar as these paid scripts...anyone have a link to a good FREE script for windows 10?

I have no connection with, but have been trialling the free version of Fidelizer for the last week or so. I'm impressed, makes an immediately obvious improvement in SQ.

I have no connection with, but have been trialling the free version of Fidelizer for the last week or so. I'm impressed, makes an immediately obvious improvement in SQ.

I'm glad to hear it works well with your system. My goal of Fidelizer is to help people enjoying music better without having to pay a large sum of money. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

so are you going to buy the paid version?

I know that i can make a batch file with a bunch of net stop commands to stop services...not sure what else would make much of a difference. I understand also stopping things that can interrupt (like setting power to maximum, and other tweaks), still not sure if there would be any further improvement or anything else he can do that "actually" improves the sound...i am kind of tied up with other projects right now, but will definetely reseach this more later.

I'm glad to hear it works well with your system. My goal of Fidelizer is to help people enjoying music better without having to pay a large sum of money. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

i will say when i was in the computer industry (now retired), people shared scripts and ideas for free to help the community. It's nice that you offer a free version, and i plan on trying both free and paid version and doing my own listening tests and see what else i can find on the internet for free....i am sure there is tons of stuff out there how to optimize windows by turning off unnecessary services. Not sure my time isn't more valuable than the $69 though...but i will think on it...as i really don't have much free time right now anyway, or even time to do any music testing for that fact either...but i am retired and on fixed tight budget these days....maybe if you offered discount for people visiting these forums (wink).

i will say when i was in the computer industry (now retired), people shared scripts and ideas for free to help the community. It's nice that you offer a free version, and i plan on trying both free and paid version and doing my own listening tests and see what else i can find on the internet for free....i am sure there is tons of stuff out there how to optimize windows by turning off unnecessary services. Not sure my time isn't more valuable than the $69 though...but i will think on it...as i really don't have much free time right now anyway, or even time to do any music testing for that fact either...but i am retired and on fixed tight budget these days....maybe if you offered discount for people visiting these forums (wink).

I designed Fidelizer based on concepts of temporary solutions that won't affect system permanently so people can use software without fearing that it might damage the system. So services will be stopped instead of disabled. Fidelizer Pro was redesigned based on principles without such restrictions so I can put more stuff into there.

The main reason people purchased Fidelizer Pro is to get my personal system configuration tweaks that works unexpectedly great even on tweaked PC with other audio tweaks software. Some including me are using Fidelizer Pro at basic Consumer level without any batch script activity related. If you want just script to disable non-audio services and stuff, you can try CAD script here.

http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/CAD_Windows_8.1_Audio_Optimization_Scripts_V1.0.zip

While I understand some people with limited budget, I'd like to inform you that Fidelizer Pro is already very affordable and the most effective tweak in computer audio industry, period. Instead of buying other 3 digit apps in Windows/Mac to get better sound, you can spend only 2 digit to improve Windows sound quality with all solutions and you can also buy those apps later to work with Fidelizer Pro.

If you just want to disable non-audio services, you can settle down with free Fidelizer and CAD script. If you want to further improve sound quality in Windows 'a lot' more, get Fidelizer Pro. I have 100% positive feedback and no dissatisfied customers displayed in any forum. That's how good Fidelizer Pro is.

Regards,

Keetakawee

^^ Again, thanks for all the time you are spending here...makes me want to buy the product just for your support!

The zip you attached is for windows 8.1...will that same script work on windows 10?

I don't know what you mean by this?

"Instead of buying other 3 digit apps in Windows/Mac to get better sound..." What are you referring to? Other optimization programs that cost in excess of $100? imho $69 seems a little high for configuration settings...would be surprised if someone is asking over $100 for similar product?

^^ Again, thanks for all the time you are spending here...makes me want to buy the product just for your support!

The zip you attached is for windows 8.1...will that same script work on windows 10?

I don't know what you mean by this?

"Instead of buying other 3 digit apps in Windows/Mac to get better sound..." What are you referring to? Other optimization programs that cost in excess of $100? imho $69 seems a little high for configuration settings...would be surprised if someone is asking over $100 for similar product?

It's for Windows 8.1 but it should also work with Windows 10. I haven't tested it myself so take that as your own risks. About pricing digit:

HQPlayer costs over $100

JPLAY costs over $100

AudiophileOptimizer costs over $100

Amarra costs over $100

There's also some other software that costs less than $100 or even free but Fidelizer is the only one that can work with all others at that price.

Since people can spend over $100, $1k, or even $10k for cables and other accessories. I don't think software is expensive comparing to others when you can hear how much it can improve sound quality, especially when you compare with physical tweaks at the same price.

Regards,

Keetakawee

^^^

HQPlayer costs over $100

JPLAY costs over $100

Amarra costs over $100

Besides audiophileoptimizer, those are all players and would still need to be purchased in addition to yours, so not sure why the comparison of those products....INRE audiophileoptimizer, if that's the case, i would likely buy your product before their product I am sure ....still seems high to me though (grin).

I believe a LOT more effort would go into a player than a os tweaking program, but maybe not? ....i know a little scripting and am a retired computer network engineer (virtualization administration), not a software guy, so i could be wrong here, but my guess would be that a player would take a lot more hours and sophistication.

maybe by the time i am ready to start tweeking, another product will be available for less..that or maybe you will rethink your pricing for an online-download...or offer discounts. I guess i would be comfortable paying like $30, but not $70 at this time....maybe try a 30 day discount and see if you can increase sales, and help the marketing. If not, thanks for at least taking the time with me....and i am sure i would not buy the lesser expensive version without clearly understanding the details of what is different to improve sq comparison between the two....so i would likely buy the more expensive of the two without any thought of the lesser expensive version....I would think that anyone that would spend $40 for such a product would likely spend $70 for the pro....is there an audophileoptimizer regular and pro also?

This discussion should interest you:

Windows 10 optimization script - A community effort?

Here it is in the above link.

Your free script shared here on CA. I use it with a few tweaks of my own ( is really a preference thing). Does the job. I do a Windows 10 partition, so as to do all my optimization on the second partitioned Windows 10 install. End up with JRiver and Taskmanager running only. Works great. So good, that I never have tried any of the pay for play or free programs out there.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

^^^

HQPlayer costs over $100

JPLAY costs over $100

Amarra costs over $100

Besides audiophileoptimizer, those are all players and would still need to be purchased in addition to yours, so not sure why the comparison of those products....INRE audiophileoptimizer, if that's the case, i would likely buy your product before their product I am sure ....still seems high to me though (grin).

I believe a LOT more effort would go into a player than a os tweaking program, but maybe not? ....i know a little scripting and am a retired computer network engineer (virtualization administration), not a software guy, so i could be wrong here, but my guess would be that a player would take a lot more hours and sophistication.

maybe by the time i am ready to start tweeking, another product will be available for less..that or maybe you will rethink your pricing for an online-download...or offer discounts. I guess i would be comfortable paying like $30, but not $70 at this time....maybe try a 30 day discount and see if you can increase sales, and help the marketing. If not, thanks for at least taking the time with me....and i am sure i would not buy the lesser expensive version without clearly understanding the details of what is different to improve sq comparison between the two....so i would likely buy the more expensive of the two without any thought of the lesser expensive version....I would think that anyone that would spend $40 for such a product would likely spend $70 for the pro....is there an audophileoptimizer regular and pro also?

Well, you can just use foobar2000 or Bughead Emperor with bit-perfect output and get stunning result with Fidelizer Pro. Even normal YouTube playback in Chrome sounds awesome with Fidelizer so it helps you reducing loads of tasks to get rid of evils in computer audio.

And while your offer may work for some people, I believe current product offer is already fair as you can read from here.

FAQs | Fidelizer

If free version works for you, then use it. If you want more, upgrade. And there's no need for trial as I want customers to purchase with faith that free version deserves some support. It's more like purchasing out of good will to help developer and I provide better version so we both support each other and improve computer audio community for the better. Simple, as that.

Making forced sales just to get cash from customers who want cheaper stuff only hurt feelings of people who support me since founding Fidelizer so I don't want to do that. I just want to help and I can dedicate my time better to help people with paid services.

If you think Pro is too expensive for you right now, you can get Plus first and decide if you want to upgrade later without additional charges. There's computer audiophiles who's willing to spend over $100k and those who can't spend more than $1k in this hobby so I'm doing the right job at the best price already.

If you aren't sure about what you'll get from Pro version, you can read testimonials from others below. It has over 200 testimonials enough for you to read in the whole night.

Customers’ Feedback

There's also a few customers who use Fidelizer Pro with JPLAY/Audiophile Optimizer/Roon/Windows Server 2012 R2/Process Lasso too. You can read from testimonials and see for yourself.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Honestly, I have never heard a good explanation of what Fildelizer does to a Windows system. Even more confusing is the plus and pro editions. I would appreciate it someone could point me to a decent technical explanation of what it does.

i think it mostly just turns off unneeded services...which you can do by cutting and pasting from the #20 above. I think a better question would be what does it do "besides" turning off services that is proven to improve SQ with comparison results or at least meaningful technical details. I don't think any of the testimonials actually compare how a free script of turning off services compares to his product. I understand turning off resources will improve sq, and changing power and optimizing for audio will prevent disturbances (not necessarily sq), but beyond that i don't think there is any magic...

Well, you can just use foobar2000 or Bughead Emperor with bit-perfect output and get stunning result with Fidelizer Pro. Even normal YouTube playback in Chrome sounds awesome with Fidelizer so it helps you reducing loads of tasks to get rid of evils in computer audio.

If free version works for you, then use it. If you want more, upgrade. And there's no need for trial as I want customers to purchase with faith that free version deserves some support. It's more like purchasing out of good will to help developer and I provide better version so we both support each other and improve computer audio community for the better. Simple, as that.

Making forced sales just to get cash from customers who want cheaper stuff only hurt feelings of people who support me since founding Fidelizer so I don't want to do that. I just want to help and I can dedicate my time better to help people with paid services.

If you think Pro is too expensive for you right now, you can get Plus first and decide if you want to upgrade later without additional charges. There's computer audiophiles who's willing to spend over $100k and those who can't spend more than $1k in this hobby so I'm doing the right job at the best price already.

I think it is expensive for what it does...you suggest because HQPlayer is more your price is justified. I don't even know how you can compare the two products. I agree with comparing to audiophileoptimizer, but again in my mind, without knowing what it is doing besides turning off services that can be done with free script or if it will improve SQ than what turning off services will do, and then further complicate it by having 3 different versions without clear understanding between the 3 versions makes a decision very difficult.

Just about every business offers specials from time to time and is good marketing imho, but it's your business.

Anyway, i am still on the fence about possibly buying it, but will likely try the free script in #20 above first.

is there a link that compares the features of each of the 3 versions...from the 4 sentences you sent, it is very hazy.

a) free

b) $39

c) $69

Honestly, I have never heard a good explanation of what Fildelizer does to a Windows system. Even more confusing is the plus and pro editions. I would appreciate it someone could point me to a decent technical explanation of what it does.

The two are basically different in flexibility; the pro version exposes more control and permutations for tweaking.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system