IGNORED

Rmaf 2016

ericuco

Sorry to be missing it this year, as last year was great fun with good people, but expect to be back in 2017.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I wouldn't miss it!

Of the three seminar's I am most interested in, I see you are part of two: the moderator of "How to buy a HiFi System: The Process of Price" and a panelist of "How to Read Between the Lines in High-end Audio Advertising". If you want, I will wear a COMPUTERAUDIOPHILE.COM t-shirt if you send me one ;)

I am interested in can-jam as head-fi is my main path to "high fidelity" and probably always will be given the realities of domestic living. I am also interested in all the permutations of "affordable" - 5 different levels. I think it will be interesting to compare and contrast, and to try to figure out what a little more $spent$ can get me in my currently ultra-affordable but good sounding "computer speaker" rig...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

If anyone is still there on Sunday afternoon, I'm doing the following seminar (in addition to the two mentioned above):

Digital Music Playback: Applications and Endpoints @ Seminar Room, PavilionOct 9 @ 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm

Panelist: Chris Connaker, Computer Audiophile

We’ve come a long way from using Apple’s iTunes as the high end standard for computer based playback. This seminar will compare and contrast current music playback applications JRiver Media Center and Roon, and the ultra-high upsampling & filtering options available in HQPlayer. The seminar will also cover the use of new audio endpoints such as the Sonore microRendu, which can receive audio the aforementioned applications, and inexpensive options such as using the NanoPi Neo as an endpoint.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

If anyone is still there on Sunday afternoon, I'm doing the following seminar (in addition to the two mentioned above):

Digital Music Playback: Applications and Endpoints @ Seminar Room, PavilionOct 9 @ 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm

Panelist: Chris Connaker, Computer Audiophile

We’ve come a long way from using Apple’s iTunes as the high end standard for computer based playback. This seminar will compare and contrast current music playback applications JRiver Media Center and Roon, and the ultra-high upsampling & filtering options available in HQPlayer. The seminar will also cover the use of new audio endpoints such as the Sonore microRendu, which can receive audio the aforementioned applications, and inexpensive options such as using the NanoPi Neo as an endpoint.

I hope to make yours but Lincoln Cheng's should be the show stopper. English language publications "apparently more compromised with every passing issue ..."

I hope to make yours but Lincoln Cheng's should be the show stopper. English language publications "apparently more compromised with every passing issue ..."

Wow, I hadn't read about that. However, I highly recommend people talk to a few manufacturers about how publications work in Asia. They may be surprised (not in a good way).

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Wow, I hadn't read about that. However, I highly recommend people talk to a few manufacturers about how publications work in Asia. They may be surprised (not in a good way).

It is different world in Asia, and I'm very familiar with how they work in golf. But the point is English language publications not the Asian ones. The American publications have some explaining to do staring with MQA.

• 2 weeks later...
RMAF starts Friday! Can't wait to get there, and look forward to running into members of the CA Community!

I am also looking forward to it. I will be the guy wearing the "They can have my MQA when they pry it from my cold dead fingers" t-shirt.... ;)

Seriously, I actually hope to not have to listen to or hear about or talk about MQA. Normally I would be interested in hearing a demo but since (so far) all the demo's have been carefully controlled and non A/B I would not want to spend the time.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

I am also looking forward to it. I will be the guy wearing the "They can have my MQA when they pry it from my cold dead fingers" t-shirt.... ;)

Seriously, I actually hope to not have to listen to or hear about or talk about MQA. Normally I would be interested in hearing a demo but since (so far) all the demo's have been carefully controlled and non A/B I would not want to spend the time.

Fortunately I think things are starting to change. More hardware manufacturers have MQA DACs and will be demonstrating these DACs on their own. They are free to play what they want and I hope they will play whatever people at the show request.

That said, I don't blame you for thinking the way you do :~)

I sat for their demo at CES this year and the demo seemed to be a total afterthought, however they'd obviously spent a lot of time on the pitch that was being given over the music as it played. It was a bit like listening to Steve Jobs go on about the iPod Hifi... i.e. major cognitive dissonance.

Fortunately I think things are starting to change. More hardware manufacturers have MQA DACs and will be demonstrating these DACs on their own. They are free to play what they want and I hope they will play whatever people at the show request.

That said, I don't blame you for thinking the way you do :~)

There is still no music and no indication that it will be available anytime soon.