IGNORED

Jcat launches the new, 'Femto' USB card

Elberoth

From the lack of response, pump. I take the Ethernet route to a mRendu or sms-200 trumps the JCAT Femto card for SQ.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

From the lack of response, pump. I take the Ethernet route to a mRendu or sms-200 trumps the JCAT Femto card for SQ.

So, are you saying this:

1. Lack of response in the thread is showing this card might have been good, but not better than whatever people also had access to?

2. You personally have tried the JCAT FEMTO card?

3. In your comparisons, you tried a Sonore microRendu and a SOtM SMS-200, both of which you found to perform better than the JCAT Femto card when outputting USB->your DAC?

Thanks for the reply :-)

So, are you saying this:

1. Lack of response in the thread is showing this card might have been good, but not better than whatever people also had access to?

2. You personally have tried the JCAT FEMTO card?

3. In your comparisons, you tried a Sonore microRendu and a SOtM SMS-200, both of which you found to perform better than the JCAT Femto card when outputting USB->your DAC?

Thanks for the reply :-)

Reread my post. I make no claims to having heard any of the three. And nobody is rushing forward to proclaim the Femto card trumps the Ethernet renderers. Just half suggested claims without any follow up, in other words, PUMP. Their following silence is the tell all.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

A lot of people have already jcat femto. I dont see any of these on second hand market. If you want more info you should log in to jcat forum. I know that Elberoth was comparing sms with his PC transport with jcat femto and PC won this comparison if it means something for you. The best is if you check both solutions in your own system.

I know that Elberoth was comparing sms with his PC transport with jcat femto and PC won this comparison if it means something for you.

Link please, All I've seen from Elberoth was promises to make comparisons and report back for over two weeks now. Just silence and this last post when his jaw hit the floor with the mRendu.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/novel-way-massively-improve-sq-sms-200-and-microrendu-31110/#post618647

Link please, All I've seen from Elberoth was promises to make comparisons and report back for over two weeks now. Just silence and this last post when his jaw hit the floor with the mRendu.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/novel-way-massively-improve-sq-sms-200-and-microrendu-31110/#post618647

Elberoth's Audio Nirvana - strona 349 - Hi-End - Audiostereo.pl - strona 349

Google translator doesn't translate that well. But You can believe me because it's my native language that PC transport with jcat femto was better. It didn't helped to use dedicated LPS and intona in SMS.

Elberoth's Audio Nirvana - strona 349 - Hi-End - Audiostereo.pl - strona 349

Google translator doesn't translate that well. But You can believe me because it's my native language that PC transport with jcat femto was better. It didn't helped to use dedicated LPS and intona in SMS.

I don't understand what your saying here?

I didn't see anything about comparisons with the renderers. And what is this your saying about an LPS didn't help the sMS, maybe a better LPS was needed? That is contrary to a lot of others findings here on CA, with many finding the Intona helps following the sMS and mRendu.

I don't understand what your saying here?

I didn't see anything about comparisons with the renderers. And what is this your saying about an LPS didn't help the sMS, maybe a better LPS was needed? That is contrary to a lot of others findings here on CA, with many finding the Intona helps following the sMS and mRendu.

What I'm saying here is that Elberoth was comparing sms with Teddy Pardo PSU, UpTone Audio JS-2, UpTone Audio LPS-1, iFi Power, SOtM Battery PSU and intona to his pc transport with jcat femto.

Result was that pc transport with jcat femto was better but he will not give back sms because it's nice and very easy to configure and use.

Does the Intona help with the femto? LOL, he won't give back the sms because it nice and easy to configure? That doesn't make sense. It's so much easier to remain in the USB only streaming than an Ethernet renderer.

The fact is, this card has been out awhile but there is very little information and feedback anywhere on the internet.

Reread my post. I make no claims to having heard any of the three. And nobody is rushing forward to proclaim the Femto card trumps the Ethernet renderers. Just half suggested claims without any follow up, in other words, PUMP. Their following silence is the tell all.

That makes your post so bad... You're commenting on the outcome of a comparison between 3 items, none of which you've even heard, let alone hard together.

I regret the time I've used and I apologize for air I've wasted while breathing to compose that message.

Does the Intona help with the femto? LOL, he won't give back the sms because it nice and easy to configure? That doesn't make sense. It's so much easier to remain in the USB only streaming than an Ethernet renderer.

The fact is, this card has been out awhile but there is very little information and feedback anywhere on the internet.

Intona was used on sms from the post he written.

DSC_0243_zps228603cd.jpg"]DSC_0243_zps228603cd.jpg[/url]

Sorry guys I guess I won't try to post from the phone anymore. Put some in a SoTM external several years ago using battery power and a non-powered USB cable and thought it sounded a lot better even with my system. Had to get two, but thought it was a good $50 investment. Used a Life battery to power.

Dahlquist DQ-10 Speakers DQ-LP1 crossover 2 DW-1 Subs

Dynaco Mk III Mains - Rotel 991 Subs

Wyred W4S Pre Gustard X10 DAC

SOtM dx-USB-HD reclocked SOtMmBPS-d2s

Intel Thin-mini ITX

• 1 month later...

A rather confusing thread at the end, I must admit.

So, did femto sound better than urendu powered with LPS-1?

Are you using femto with LPS-1 or it is powered from PCI-e?

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

• 2 weeks later...
When using an asynchronous USB DAC, do these type of USB card still matter? Thanks.

Hi Robert, I have this card with asynchronous USB DAC and the difference between listening through this card vs. listening through a regular motherboard USB port is BIG. I would say that this USB card is one of the best investments I made in my system.

I'm sorry, I owe you an apology. Quite unexpectedly even to myself I have sold my Magico S5 mk 2 speakers and bought the Magico M3s, which haven't arrived yet. So basicly I have no speakers right now to finish my comparos and make definitive comclusions.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Hi Robert, I have this card with asynchronous USB DAC and the difference between listening through this card vs. listening through a regular motherboard USB port is BIG. I would say that this USB card is one of the best investments I made in my system.
Hi Andru, thank you for your reply. I am considering purchasing one and wanted to read some real live experiences. Perhaps I will combine with a Pachanko USB cable.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2017 at 11:26 AM, pam1975 said:

hi guys, do we have a comparison of the JCAT femto vs microrendu? I read the thread but I didn't seem to see one...

In my opinion such a comparison does not make sense, because microrendu is a complete hardware & software solution where only a power supply is a variable, and JCAT USB Card FEMTO is 'just' a USB Audio output.

The results with the JCAT USB Card FEMTO can be so much different depending on the system where it's installed, starting from motherboard, CPU, RAM, OS drive selection, power supply for the PC, not to mention which software is used and how it is configured. 

However, some users have done that comparison. You may find the results online. 

Best regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:26 AM, pam1975 said:

hi guys, do we have a comparison of the JCAT femto vs microrendu? I read the thread but I didn't seem to see one...

Great question,  I haven't seen any comparison online anywhere.  I would also include the sms-200.  The comparison is important in deciding which direction to go, direct USB, thus a JCAT femto or a SOTM usb card w/ new clocking.  OR go the Ethernet route with a renderer/NAA.  Which gives you the best SQ?  What are the positives and the negatives?

1 hour ago, Marcin_gps said:

Sure. You can use a PCI-e x1 riser cable to place the card horizontally if there is not enough height. Both low-profile and full-size PCIe brackets are included. 

Best regards,

Marcin 

Thanks. Mine is the one in this link (200 x 60 x 225mm):

http://kimlongcomputer.com/minibox-e-w60-silver-kem-ngu-n-120w.html

Do you think the card will fit? By the way, this is my mainboard:

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=728

Please advise if the femto card can get in? Sorry for all noob questions.