IGNORED

William Lowe of Audioquest places both feet in his mouth

plissken

Here's cable break-in for ya:

That reminds me of this. You have to watch to the minute mark for the payoff.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Those are neurological responses, not properties of the signal as such.

What is needed is a conversion chart that relates measurable differences in the signal to the psychological effects they produce.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Nordost recommends allowing gear to settle in place before doing serious listening. It's not a matter of it undoing the full burn-in effect. It's just that they've observed that things can sound a little off after things have been moved around.

... and then you get used to it and it sounds right again. Like when your spouse rearranges the lounge furniture and it takes a little while to get used to setting your coffee cup in a different place.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

What is needed is a conversion chart that relates measurable differences in the signal to the psychological effects they produce.

Don't forget the chart showing psychological effects when an expensive cable is purchased.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I've seen that brand described as the only one that is completely unchanged by passing through one's body.

Reminds me of this which reminded Tarantino of that.

The interesting thing is those can change (the psycho/neurological effects of some measurable differences).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

It's in reference to the Blues Brothers in case anyone wonders...

Actually it goes back to 30's Hollywood. It's a common saying in the western United States. As in this from a good friend in 1973. "Where I'm from we got two kinds of music Country and Western" To which I replied "what about Western Swing?" He replied "okay we have three types."