IGNORED

How to route signals to Acourate Convolver using ASIO4ALL, VB-Cable?

Keith_W

It is the reverse for ASIO4ALL: takes a WDM input and routes it to an ASIO input

Looking at the rest of your setup,

- Set "default audio output device" (under Windows sound settings) to VB Cable, sample rate set to 44100Hz: this forces all Windows sound to go to VB Cable.

- Set VB Cable ASIO bridge to output to AcourateASIO (Acourate sample rate set to 44100): this makes AcourateASIO crash.

it seems fine, but we have to discover where and why it crashes.

Have you tried to set VB Cable ASIO bridge to direct to a 2ch ASIO driver? Can you get output?

When AcourateASIO crashes, do you get any message that can help you to get to the crash cause? Is there any AcourateASIO log?

From what i recall of ASIO4All (I used it long time ago), you employ it when your audio card does not have an ASIO driver and your player requires ASIO. ASIO4All is just an umbrella/translator of WDM->ASIO. I don't think you need it in your setup.

Your VB Cable -> ASIO Bridge -> Acourate ASIO looks correct.

This is how I would proceed.

For the moment put aside convolver and multich.

1) If you have doubts about YouTube frequency signal, simply start from that. In Windows Sound set system sound to your DAC possibly with no resampling - from your DAC screen you should see if receiving signal is 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.

2) Then, insert VB Cable -> ASIO Bridge -> your ASIO DAC. You should be able to get 2ch sound. Check what frequency is your DAC playing back.

3) If 2) is OK, insert Acourate ASIO in the chain to have: VB Cable -> ASIO Bridge -> Acourate ASIO -> your ASIO DAC.

If you get an error message from Acourate ASIO, get in touch with Acourate designer and get some help about it, providing him with Acourate log as well.