IGNORED

The End of Speaker Cables.?

sphinxsix

I personally don't want anything wireless until it becomes more reliable for my use. I don't even like cell phones. Wired connections have just been more reliable in my own subjective experience.

I do completly agree. People have problems even with such an advanced solution as Devialet's Air. I think wireless can be more and more popular in the mass market and audiophiles (some at least :)) won't give up cables very soon.

BTW I know the word 'bardo'. I also think your previous avatar - the Medicine Buddha was very cool but I admit I don't recognize the present one..:)

Completly BTW (not exactly an audiophile topic): what arouses my curiosity and to some degree my concern is the fact that in this (more and more with every year) wireless world we are the subject to increasing levels of electromagnetic and other types of radiation. Are there any scientific proofs that this very quickly increasing level of different kinds of radiation doesn't influence our health? Practically every device we use is the source of some kind of radiation from cell phones to wifi, bluetooth, microwave ovens etc. not mentioning all radio, TV, cell phones and other networks. Can we really be sure that that these high levels of electromagnetic, microvawe and other forms of radiation which appeared in fact during let's say last century are negligible for us human beings.? Maybe they are but may be in 200 years we will look like this:

cc4d1b649265cc8d85279fa1cf2cc7a65ed19e2841132ea6636154bcd22ea70f.jpg

because our evolved sculls will be 5 times thicker to keep all this trash out of our brains ;)

BTW I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories and I won't mention the Philadelphia experiment..:)

I personally have for instance noticed that my left ear is slightly worse at high frequencies than the right one. This can be obviously caused by driving with open left window or just an individual anatomical or health reasons but maybe it's in fact caused by my cell phone - I use my left ear for phone communication.

Yesterday I watched the latest Werner Herzog documentary

There's an interesting part in which he shows people who have to live in a space with a minimal radiation otherwise they get quite sick. Some of them spend long years living in Faraday Cages! A small community of these radiation sensitive people lives in Green Bank, West Virginia area where the level of radiation of any kind is greatly reduced for scientifical reasons (telescopes picking up radio waves from space). The doc is worth checking out IMO!

There's no evidence that these symptoms are caused by electromagnetic radiation. Everything credible I've read about the phenomenon suggests it's all in their heads. For instance, a test subject has never, as far I know, passed a blind test where they have to identify whether a transmitter is on or off without seeing it.
C'mon.. feeling something instantly and experiencing its long term effects are two different things. Can anyone rezognize instantly x-rays.? Yet we know the long term exposure can cause very serious problems. I've heard about cases of health problems of people living near cell phones' networks antennae - I'don't know whether somebody examined for instance this subject in detail.
A lot of people claim to suffer various symptoms immediately in the presence of, say, a mobile phone. Somehow they still fail in a controlled test environment. It's like with audiophile cables, all in the head.

X-rays are, as has already been mentioned, ionising. That's completely different.

The people in the Herzog's documentary don't make such claims.

As for (your favorite subject, my friend :) that's good 'cause I like to discuss it too;)) cables - if you use $50 computer speakers - I (for the second time if I remember correctly) agree with you, possibly yes... :)