IGNORED

How to use Oppo BDP-103 over WiFi with iTunes

I have been using an Apple TV 3 plugged into a Cambridge DacMagic over WiFi to get music from my Mac mini to play in a different room (from Office to Den).

I recently bought an Oppo BDP-103 refurb and am wondering if I can eliminate the Apple TV 3 and the DacMagic?

I could then use them in a bedroom, and hopefully get better sound quality by going directly to the BDP-103. I have my entire CD collection ripped to Apple Lossless on the mac - about 10,000 CDs so re-ripping them onto a NAS or something is definitely NOT an option.

Thx much

Thanks but I don't want to transcode or alter them in any way. I just want iTunes to stream them to the BDP-103

For this to work, iTunes would need streaming support to transcode apple format files to wav, flac or other audio format supported by

the Oppo. I am doubtful iTunes has been willing to "jailbreak" their attempts to own your music.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

The Oppo is also supposed to support access of those music files over the network:

either directly, by SMB network sharing the folder on the computer where the music files are stored;

or indirectly, by running a UPnP/DLNA media server on the computer to provide the music files by UPnP network file streaming - some UPnP media servers also need to be configured with the location of where your music files are held on the computer.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

It's probably for the best. The Oppo hasn't got a very reliable reputation (ie not talking about audio quality) as a UPnP/DLNA network music file player.

BTW, I would normally recommend the excellent free music dedicated MinimServer UPnP media server, but that also requires Java.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox