IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

40 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

Here's the latest in my ongoing series of Strange Behaviors by my Sonore / Sonicorbiter products.  

Since upgrading to 2.8, my mR 1.4 seems to be working fine.  My Roon core is on my Sonic Transporter i5.  

As mentioned....the mR is working fine and playing music nicely.  However the mR is not showing up on the Sonicorbiter home page.  Just the Sonic Transporter. Under "Network Players" I have a big fat 0.

How is that even possible?.....

They can be on different subnets?

10 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

They can be on different subnets?

Sorry...excuse my ignorance.  How could that have occurred, but more importantly how would I correct it?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

17 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Sorry...excuse my ignorance.  How could that have occurred, but more importantly how would I correct it?

If you just have a router and a switch you should be okay. If you add more gear anything is possible. The micro does not have a status led, but it seems to me that the unit is on your network, but not able to see the internet itself. This can be from a firewall or VPN.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:13 PM, jos said:

Today I had to reboot my ultraRendu to make it work again.

Never had this problem with 2.7, but perhaps just an unimportant small network glitch.

Today, I  did reboot my uR again. At first I tried to Restart MPD, version ...0.21.20, but that didn't work, so I had to reboot, save the changes and now I can play my music. 🙄

4 hours ago, jos said:

Today, I  did reboot my uR again. At first I tried to Restart MPD, version ...0.21.20, but that didn't work, so I had to reboot, save the changes and now I can play my music. 🙄

If the DAC is not listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics that means you need to power cycle it and check again. What DAC are you using?

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

If the DAC is not listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics that means you need to power cycle it and check again. What DAC are you using?

Chord Qutest, working fine now...(after the reboot). Next time I will check this, thanks! 

DAC description: Qutest      245f:0815

Diagnostic information for this DAC

Chord Electronics Ltd Qutest at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 5 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32
Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 32767
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 32767 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 32767 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',1
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 32767
  Mono: Playback 32767 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]

One thing that never works for me is using software reboot. It locks and does not return to life. Power cycling always works though.

Now using MPD version 0.21.20 here too!

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Hi there

I have a MicroJukeBox and I just checked software version and it said current 2.7 and latest 2.8. So I hit the update button and it now says current 2.7 and latest 2.7.

Would I be right in guessing the MJB is now a Legacy product and as it is stable with 2.7, this is where it will stay?

By the way I am still loving it. (don't tell anyone but with my "small library" and by emptying the Roon cache regular and not relying too heavily on Tidal, it is running Roon and Tidal quite happily. 🙂 )

Cheers

Grant 

27 minutes ago, Gnnett said:

Hi there

I have a MicroJukeBox and I just checked software version and it said current 2.7 and latest 2.8. So I hit the update button and it now says current 2.7 and latest 2.7.

Would I be right in guessing the MJB is now a Legacy product and as it is stable with 2.7, this is where it will stay?

By the way I am still loving it. (don't tell anyone but with my "small library" and by emptying the Roon cache regular and not relying too heavily on Tidal, it is running Roon and Tidal quite happily. 🙂 )

Cheers

Grant 

The upgrade to 2.8 requires purchasing ($29) a new MicroSD Card from Sonore or Small Green Computers. 

20 minutes ago, Gnnett said:

Ah, okay that makes sense. Just being cheap and when I saw the button, "upgrade now", I got a bit excited.

Cheers

Grant

If I'm not mistaken, the microjukebox does not have an SD card slot ( have one, so I'm pretty sure about this).  So, it is not upgradeable via purchasing a new SD card.  The microrendu does, of course, have the SD card slot, but not the microjukebox. 

So, Grant, don't run out and order the SD card unless you have one of the rendus.  Any upgrade to the microjukebox would need to come via the upgrade button/web connection.  I asked Andrew at SGC if/when this would be forthcoming and his answer was somewhat positive but a bit vague as to the timing.

1 hour ago, chetthejet said:

If I'm not mistaken, the microjukebox does not have an SD card slot ( have one, so I'm pretty sure about this).  So, it is not upgradeable via purchasing a new SD card.  The microrendu does, of course, have the SD card slot, but not the microjukebox. 

So, Grant, don't run out and order the SD card unless you have one of the rendus.  Any upgrade to the microjukebox would need to come via the upgrade button/web connection.  I asked Andrew at SGC if/when this would be forthcoming and his answer was somewhat positive but a bit vague as to the timing.

Hi Chet

Well, I did "run out and look for availability of an SD card for the MJB". 🙂

You are right.

OT: So how do you find the microjukebox? I originally picked one up, as my HP laptop was not working out well as a "server" and had intended moving on to something bigger and better. I have an sMS200 and an UltraRendu, which I use occasionally, but the MJB just works with a pair of Kef LSX's, that means I do not feel the need to upgrade. A pimped out version of the MJB would be nice, but the i5 CDRipper just looks awful.

Cheers

Grant

2 hours ago, Gnnett said:

Hi Chet

Well, I did "run out and look for availability of an SD card for the MJB". 🙂

You are right.

OT: So how do you find the microjukebox? I originally picked one up, as my HP laptop was not working out well as a "server" and had intended moving on to something bigger and better. I have an sMS200 and an UltraRendu, which I use occasionally, but the MJB just works with a pair of Kef LSX's, that means I do not feel the need to upgrade. A pimped out version of the MJB would be nice, but the i5 CDRipper just looks awful.

Cheers

Grant

I use it as a server (LMS), only.  It's networked and resides in another part of the house from where my stereo gear is.  Even though it's somewhat quiet, for me it's too noisy to be near my dac.  So, my chain is microJukebox--->UltraRendu--->dac---amp.  That said the little microJukebox has soldiered on, without a hiccup, for maybe 4 years, now.  So, I'm extremely happy with it.

4 hours ago, quark said:

Hi,

can anyone enlighten me on why in my DAC diagnostics it says “Playback channels: Mono“, Why does it not state stereo?

I have no idea 🙂

110.pdf 32.07 kB · 7 downloads

I think it means that each channel is carrying a mono signal such that two channels equals a stereo output vs a single channel carrying a stereo signal (combined). I am not positive about this but if you look at the rest of the information that is the conclusion I draw.  

Any comment JR?

Hey audio crazy's enthusiasm's.

Every Discussion ware finished.

Now Usb-Audio ware history.

I wish to sonore product's adapt to Diretta.

At once unbelievable performance sound you can hear easily.

Diretta work by IPV6 network transmission.

In Japan,  Sony started high resolution streaming service named sony qualities.

https://mora-qualitas.com

Sony qualities  adapte to Diretta.

Only installing Diretta software(free) and Sony qualities player to Windows PC and Using LAN Diretta adapts network player.

That's all to change you audio life.

End of Usb-Audio.

End of using high cost downloading high resolution files.

End of CD player.

Let's go to new era.

20 hours ago, bobflood said:

I think it means that each channel is carrying a mono signal such that two channels equals a stereo output vs a single channel carrying a stereo signal (combined). I am not positive about this but if you look at the rest of the information that is the conclusion I draw.  

Any comment JR?

It’s nothing of concern.

Just tried to update my microrendu 1.4 to SO 2.8.  When done it said to reboot which I tried, but never works, so I power cycled it.  Still showed 2.7 so I tried to reinstall 2.8, but it said nothing to do.  Power cycled again with no luck.  And Kazoo nor Mconnect see the rendu.

3 minutes ago, JHG said:

Just tried to update my microrendu 1.4 to SO 2.8.  When done it said to reboot which I tried, but never works, so I power cycled it.  Still showed 2.7 so I tried to reinstall 2.8, but it said nothing to do.  Power cycled again with no luck.  And Kazoo nor Mconnect see the rendu.

The 2.8 update requires you to purchase ($29) a microSD card from Sonore or Small Green Computers. 

19 minutes ago, ericuco said:

The 2.8 update requires you to purchase ($29) a microSD card from Sonore or Small Green Computers. 

Brilliant.  Thanks for the info. He might have mentioned that on his last post in the microrendu topic that he closed.

And another question, why did it give me the option in the software manager app to upgrade to 2.8? 😞

1 hour ago, JHG said:

Brilliant.  Thanks for the info. He might have mentioned that on his last post in the microrendu topic that he closed.

And another question, why did it give me the option in the software manager app to upgrade to 2.8? 😞

App Manager informs you a newer higher version is available. Sometimes you can press update and get a new version, but in this particular case this is a new operating system and you can’t.