IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

1 hour ago, barrows said:

If you re-boot from sonicorbiter.com, and get the message: "cannot connect to server", or something like that, just wait a  minute, and refresh the webpage: the Rendu should appear then.  It seems to me, that sometimes, sonicorbiter.com times out, expecting the Rendu to re-boot faster than it does.  If you refresh the page after the Rendu has had a chance to fully re-boot, it shows up.

Perhaps @vortecjr can confirm my suspicion here.

I got the reboot countdown timer as expected but when that got to zero both units just stayed with the red light on. After about 30 minutes waiting on each unit I unplugged them both and when powered up again each of them came back online in the normal length of time. So, everything is working again, I’m good. 

1 hour ago, daverich4 said:

I got the reboot countdown timer as expected but when that got to zero both units just stayed with the red light on. After about 30 minutes waiting on each unit I unplugged them both and when powered up again each of them came back online in the normal length of time. So, everything is working again, I’m good. 

Cool...enjoy. 

Well, I am glad everything is good!  That is weird behavior, now that you are all updated, hopefully that will not happen again.  I do the update process quite often here, as I update every Signature I build and every Signature I upgrade to optical, and with the latest version of 2.8 everything goes pretty smoothly here, except for the occasional timeout/refresh cycle.  Of course, Networks can be weird, and there are so many variables, I guess it is not that surprising that there are many differing experiences out amongst Sonore users. 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

12 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

These big updates are always fun. Form here on it's just regular stuff.   

Will the SE owners see their upgrades soon or should we just order through Small Green Computer?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

I'll talk to Adrian to start that process this week. 

Thank you, Jesus.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Replacement SO 2.8 card, in a packaged envelope delivered.

Powered down and swapped out the 2.7 card. Initially the UltraRendu appeared in ‘Find my Unit’ but there was no web page. After seemingly a longer wait than with OS 2.7 this appeared. I think all the preinstalled components/packages extend boot time.

Ran update multiple times, to ensure all components and packages were at the latest versions.

Removed preinstalled applications, leaving just Roon Ready & installed SonoreUPnP Bridge. Added configuration setting and rebooted.

All working fine now on OS 2.8

I also think 2.8 takes longer to boot here but as long as it works I don't care if it wastes some seconds more.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Update notice

The following Rendu Apps have been updated in the last 6 hours

Songcast

MPD / DLNA Renderer

HQ Player NAA

Spotify Connect

Only on 2.8 or on all versions?

Here's the latest in my ongoing series of Strange Behaviors by my Sonore / Sonicorbiter products.  

Since upgrading to 2.8, my mR 1.4 seems to be working fine.  My Roon core is on my Sonic Transporter i5.  

As mentioned....the mR is working fine and playing music nicely.  However the mR is not showing up on the Sonicorbiter home page.  Just the Sonic Transporter. Under "Network Players" I have a big fat 0.

How is that even possible?.....

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Update notice on Sonic Orbiter 2.8

The following Rendu Apps have been updated in the last 6 hours

Songcast

MPD / DLNA Renderer

HQ Player NAA

Spotify Connect

After running the update and rebooting through SonicOrbiter GUI (please reboot link):

1- My opticalRendu came up with the red led and eventually shut down

2- My two ultrarendus came up and stayed with the red led, never rebooting

For my 3 rendus to reboot, I had to disconnect them, let them cool down for couple of minutes, and reconnect.