IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:46 AM, vortecjr said:

You could try this, but its an old post and no clue if it works:

Internet radio on the rendu is possible with MinimServer and MinimStreamer. Download the file below and drop it in your music directory and restart MinimServer. Then go to your controller and look for Playlists, select Linn, and then select the stream (classic, radio, jazz) you want to connect to. You can also import the playlist into JRiver.

www.sonore.us/Linn.m3u
www.sonore.us/Local.m3u

It works. That is how I run my radio.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

What I know is that there is piracy going on at even the release level. We recently discovered one company copying a complied version of one of our apps down to a matching check sum. Sad, but true. 

Telling customers there is an update and generally what is in it won't change any of that. People that are doing this will do it no matter what you communicate to your customers. 

You can't let piracy stop communication with real customers. Well, you shouldn't anyway. Again, I should not have to attempt to update my sonicTransporter or ultraRendu to find out there is an an update and should be able to find out what that update generally entails. It's ridiculous.

Hell, setup a mailing list for customers to sign up to so they get email with news of updates. Something other than randomly hitting the "Update" button......

My update from 2.6 to 2.7 keeps failing to complete for some reason. After the failure, the system no longer boots. Thank God for backups ?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

42 minutes ago, Pepsican said:

My update from 2.6 to 2.7 keeps failing to complete for some reason. After the failure, the system no longer boots. Thank God for backups ?

How long did you wait at that point in the upgrade process? There is a long wait at that point in the process. Yes, I was thinking my upgrade was going to hang there....but I just walked away for a while. When I came back, the upgrade process had moved on from that  cleanup stage.

1 hour ago, Pepsican said:

That process can take a long time and you have to wait. No telling what kind of state it's in now with multiple attempts. 

1 hour ago, diecaster said:

Telling customers there is an update and generally what is in it won't change any of that. People that are doing this will do it no matter what you communicate to your customers. 

You can't let piracy stop communication with real customers. Well, you shouldn't anyway. Again, I should not have to attempt to update my sonicTransporter or ultraRendu to find out there is an an update and should be able to find out what that update generally entails. It's ridiculous.

Hell, setup a mailing list for customers to sign up to so they get email with news of updates. Something other than randomly hitting the "Update" button......

I have noted your objection....much appreciated. Like I said before if you want to keep up to date you have to hang out. Obviously you don't go into our websites because both have mailing list options. FYI emails went out for this past release.      

36 minutes ago, diecaster said:

Great. You are happy to be a mushroom. For me, having worked in the computer industry for 36 years, not so much.

@diecasterI noticed that you own a PS Audio DS DAC.

We have been waiting 4 months for a Bridge II update. I find that level of support, both by Converse Digital and PS Audio to be woefully inadequate.

The Sonore products team is by comparison, far more responsive, their SonicOrbiter OS far more flexible and their products are far more reliable. If the folks at Sonore wish to keep updates to their OS under the radar, so be it. I'd rather have that than empty promises.

Initially, I felt the same as you. I too come from an engineering background where software updates are fully documented and updates fully transparent and automatic. But I've learned that this is such a niche market, with so many hidden agendas that we need to cut the good folks at Sonore some slack. It really is not that big of a deal.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

15 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I have noted your objection....much appreciated. Like I said before if you want to keep up to date you have to hang out. Obviously you don't go into our websites because both have mailing list options. FYI emails went out for this past release.      

Again, I am not talking about the major point releases. I am talking about the updates that happen with in the dark with no information at all.

2 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

@diecasterI noticed that you own a PS Audio DS DAC.

We have been waiting 4 months for a Bridge II update. I find that level of support, both by Converse Digital and PS Audio to be woefully inadequate.

The Sonore products team is by comparison, far more responsive, their SonicOrbiter OS far more flexible and their products are far more reliable. If the folks at Sonore wish to keep updates to their OS under the radar, so be it. I'd rather have that than empty promises.

Initially, I felt the same as you. I too come from an engineering background where software updates are fully documented and updates fully transparent and automatic. But I've learned that this is such a niche market, with so many hidden agendas that we need to cut the good folks at Sonore some slack. It really is not that big of a deal.

Yes, because of that and other reasons I stopped using the Bridge II product and went to an ultraRendu.

I appreciate what Small Green Computer and Sonore do. But that doesn't mean they could do better and this is one area where they could  better. They would roll out these updates if they weren't fixing or adding something. Well, what are they fixing or adding? It would be nice to know when they roll out an update to HQPlayer or NAA.

56 minutes ago, diecaster said:

Yes, because of that and other reasons I stopped using the Bridge II product and went to an ultraRendu.

I appreciate what Small Green Computer and Sonore do. But that doesn't mean they could do better and this is one area where they could  better. They would roll out these updates if they weren't fixing or adding something. Well, what are they fixing or adding? It would be nice to know when they roll out an update to HQPlayer or NAA.

I told you that you need to hang out to keep up to date. Here a recent example of Andrew posting on this forum that there is a new version of HQ Player Embedded available:   

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/38918-sgc-sonictransporter-series-and-signalyst-hqplayer-4-embedded/?do=findComment&comment=879367

I'm done discussing this topic...it's time to move on. 

HI,

I'm trying to help my son set up a simple system for streaming Tidal, which I don't do. Can anyone tell me if this will work?

MacBook with Tidal => microrendu 2.7=> ifi nano ione dac

The microrendu  is connected directly to the MacBook, not to a router.

Thanks, Mark

4 minutes ago, mtcs said:

HI,

I'm trying to help my son set up a simple system for streaming Tidal, which I don't do. Can anyone tell me if this will work?

Thanks, Mark

The mR requires an IP address, so it needs to be connected to a router.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

1 minute ago, rodrigaj said:

The mR requires an IP address, so it needs to be connected to a router.

Yes, that will be on a shared wireless  connection through the MacBook. I have done this before when playing local files on the MacBook. But I haven't tried with streaming. So Guess I have two questions:

1) will the streaming working, like local files, without separate internet connection?

2) will streaming work directly to the Rendu without other software, like Roon?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, mtcs said:

HI,

Thanks, Mark

Have a look at this thread:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/

Guys,

I updated my urendu to v. 2.7 (I had 2.6 installed), using the device UI. After the updated I received a message "please reboot". Before rebutting, I went back to the home screen where it showed v. 2.7. 

After reboot, the unit went irresponsible. It does not pick any up address. Tried several times disconnecting from power, to no avail.

Is there any recovery procedure?

1 hour ago, jvvita said:

Guys,

I updated my urendu to v. 2.7 (I had 2.6 installed), using the device UI. After the updated I received a message "please reboot". Before rebutting, I went back to the home screen where it showed v. 2.7. 

After reboot, the unit went irresponsible. It does not pick any up address. Tried several times disconnecting from power, to no avail.

Is there any recovery procedure?

What power supply are you using?

18 minutes ago, jvvita said:

No luck in booting with the default power supply. Since I live in Brazil, is there a way to download the OS, and then burn it to the SD?

Understood. I would not worry about it because we ship these regular mail in a plain white envelope.