IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

12 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Send me an email...

Sent email

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

On 10/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, Kilauea50 said:

I had no issue logging in but that is as far as i can go.  Playing from my NAS is great though! Thanks for your help ;)

I've gotten Tidal to work, but am wondering how to get internet radio stations to play from the server to the microrendu directly without going through Roon.  Thanks, any help appreciated.

Don Ivey

On 10/15/2018 at 11:48 AM, Donivey said:

I've gotten Tidal to work, but am wondering how to get internet radio stations to play from the server to the microrendu directly without going through Roon.  Thanks, any help appreciated.

Don Ivey

You could try this, but its an old post and no clue if it works:

Internet radio on the rendu is possible with MinimServer and MinimStreamer. Download the file below and drop it in your music directory and restart MinimServer. Then go to your controller and look for Playlists, select Linn, and then select the stream (classic, radio, jazz) you want to connect to. You can also import the playlist into JRiver.

www.sonore.us/Linn.m3u
www.sonore.us/Local.m3u

I have a mR, controlled by Lumin or Kazoo from an iPad, streaming Qobuz.

Would upgrading from 2.6 to 2.7 allow me to bypass the bubbleupnp OH app residing on the MR?  Or is that possible only for Tidal users?

The reason I ask is because the OH version of mR is slow to respond and very often simply goes missing on my network. And I’ve long had a track skipping problem, still unresolved.

Which is why I pray to the good lord nightly for a better Qobuz solution, preferably the ability to stream directly from their IOS app (not their desktop app which is currently a beta bust) to DNLA or Spotify Connect.  

But in the meantime, I’d be happy to take the bubbleupnp OH renderer out of the equation.  Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, sockpit said:

I have a mR, controlled by Lumin or Kazoo from an iPad, streaming Qobuz.

Would upgrading from 2.6 to 2.7 allow me to bypass the bubbleupnp OH app residing on the MR?  Or is that possible only for Tidal users?

The reason I ask is because the OH version of mR is slow to respond and very often simply goes missing on my network. And I’ve long had a track skipping problem, still unresolved.

Which is why I pray to the good lord nightly for a better Qobuz solution, preferably the ability to stream directly from their IOS app (not their desktop app which is currently a beta bust) to DNLA or Spotify Connect.  

But in the meantime, I’d be happy to take the bubbleupnp OH renderer out of the equation.  Thanks in advance.

That is the intention....try it. Both methods will still work either way

On 10/15/2018 at 11:48 AM, Donivey said:

Don Ivey

Logitech and SqueezeLite also support internet Radio streaming.

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

That is the intention....try it. Both methods will still work either way

Thanks.  The reason I asked about Qobuz specifically is that the description of 2.7 at small green computer mentions only Tidal.

I’ll give it a try if you thinks the kinks are out.  Seems like there has been a lot of troubles with this update.  Correct me if that impression is wrong.

8 minutes ago, sockpit said:

Thanks.  The reason I asked about Qobuz specifically is that the description of 2.7 at small green computer mentions only Tidal.

I’ll give it a try if you thinks the kinks are out.  Seems like there has been a lot of troubles with this update.  Correct me if that impression is wrong.

P.S. @vortecjr:  will 2.7 work only in Kazoo without a bubbleupnp OH renderer, or also in  Lumin?  Thank you!

20 hours ago, sockpit said:

I haven’t looked at his website:) Actually, not much trouble considering that we had record update quanties each night. 

My ultraRendu was running a version of 2.7 from a couple of weeks ago, all fine. Installed the latest update and it is no longer visible on my network. I’ve tried restarting the DAC and uR many times, including restarting the router. 

The uR seems to connect to the DAC, but cannot be seen in sonicorbitor or by the LMS controller app.

Did some people have this problem with an earlier version of 2.7? Any tips on how to fix?

54 minutes ago, HumanMedia said:

My ultraRendu was running a version of 2.7 from a couple of weeks ago, all fine. Installed the latest update and it is no longer visible on my network. I’ve tried restarting the DAC and uR many times, including restarting the router. 

The uR seems to connect to the DAC, but cannot be seen in sonicorbitor or by the LMS controller app.

Did some people have this problem with an earlier version of 2.7? Any tips on how to fix?

Problem solved! by turning everything off, going out for a while and coming back and powering everything back on. Why this all occurred after a simple uR update I don’t know, but this might help someone else.

8 hours ago, diecaster said:

It would be helpful if you and Andrew would post about updates somewhere on your web sites with a change history. It’s crazy that we have to try and update our devices to find out if there is an update. Even then we don’t know what is in it. 

You mean like this?

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/pages/sonicorbiter-os-version-2-7

Or this?

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/blogs/news/sonicorbiter-v2-6-for-players-has-been-released

Or this?

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/pages/sonicorbiter-2-5

1 hour ago, 3tyl4rs said:

Wow. You think you are so clever. No, not like that. I am not talking about the major point releases. I am talking about the updates to the point releases that happen all the time. These updates may included updates to the OS or new versions of apps running under the OS. Sometimes I can tell what is new by watching the update process. Most of the time there is not enough information to know what is actually changing. Hence the request for a place where the updates are announced with a change history so we know what we are getting.

40 minutes ago, diecaster said:

Wow. You think you are so clever. No, not like that. I am not talking about the major point releases. I am talking about the updates to the point releases that happen all the time. These updates may included updates to the OS or new versions of apps running under the OS. Sometimes I can tell what is new by watching the update process. Most of the time there is not enough information to know what is actually changing. Hence the request for a place where the updates are announced with a change history so we know what we are getting.

If you need detailed release notes then spend the money on DCS, Aurender, or any other company that spends the capital on staff to create them. Sonore and Small Green Computer are small outfits that create great products much cheaper than competition of equal or lesser quality. You get what you pay for, and in this instance that’s an awesome product and not detailed notes on minor releases.

15 minutes ago, 3tyl4rs said:

If you need detailed release notes then spend the money on DCS, Aurender, or any other company that spends the capital on staff to create them. Sonore and Small Green Computer are small outfits that create great products much cheaper than competition of equal or lesser quality. You get what you pay for, and in this instance that’s an awesome product and not detailed notes on minor releases.

You have failed again. I am not asking for detailed release notes unless there is a major point release. All I am suggesting is a web page to tell customers there is an update with brief note outlining what has changed in that update. This shouldn't be much of a burden as the people working on the release should already have a list of what has changed. Not every detail needs to be listed but any bug fixes should be and so should any application updates.

But you keep fighting me on this.

55 minutes ago, diecaster said:

You have failed again. I am not asking for detailed release notes unless there is a major point release. All I am suggesting is a web page to tell customers there is an update with brief note outlining what has changed in that update. This shouldn't be much of a burden as the people working on the release should already have a list of what has changed. Not every detail needs to be listed but any bug fixes should be and so should any application updates.

But you keep fighting me on this.

Most of the information is posted here, but we don’t give out the details. Sorry...to many prying eyes in this industry. 

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Most of the information is posted here, but we don’t give out the details. Sorry...to many prying eyes in this industry. 

No, not really. I still haven't seen any post saying that an update was available that included the latest release of HQPlayer.

A change history doesn't have to give out any "secrets". But whatever. You guys are really strange in how you have to hide every change. I have never seen it before in all of my years in the computer industry. Well, I have seen it...from lazy companies...but not in an effort to hide what was changed. You don't tell us when updates are available or why we would want to update.

Very strange.....

27 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

If we were lazy you would not be getting any updates at all. 

I didn’t even begin to suggest you were lazy. You already explained your being secretive. All I said is the only other place I have seen this lack of information is from lazy companies.

Again, you don’t have to give away trade secrets when communicating changes to customers.  But you know that. 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:44 AM, 3tyl4rs said:

Thanks that helped me. The update went without a problem, thanks to Jesus and the gang, still enjoying my ultraRendu.