IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

This is even getting more wild. I disconnect the network cable to SonicTransporter. The sonicorbiter still clamis to find it.

Can some do the same tests ?

EDIT:

Very strange I did install McAfee the other day.

This was causeing the problem.

Turn firewall of and on again helped.

Apologies if this is the wrong place and @vortecjr please feel free to delete if this belongs elsewhere but I'm tearing my hair out with this issue and don't know if it's SonicOrbiter, Roon or my server:

Setup:

• Audiostore Prestige 2 running SonicOrbiter and Roon Server
  • MicroRendu (1.4) as Roon Ready end-point
  • Android phone running Roon Remote
  • (Other kit as per my signature)

Issue:

I think my library keeps corrupting. My full local FLAC  files show as do my Tidal files under Albums, Artists or by search.

However certain albums or artists start hanging after a while and once they do so then they just won't load.

By hanging I mean:

A. I click on an Artist and it says "Loading albums" and shows the roon icon but doesn't progress from there. That icon will sit for hours.

B. On an artist where it has loaded the albums I click on a particular album in order to play it but again I just get that "loading album" and the icon which just sits there and doesn't proceed.

So in effect I am locked out of that Artist or that album once this happens. 

It happens with both Tidal and Local FLAC files so I don't think it's a network thing. And once it happens for an Artist or Album then it persists for that Artist/Album and doesn't resolve even after restarting the Server.

I have used Software Manager on the Prestige 2 and uninstalled/renistalled Roon server like 12 times now. I have tried deleting all the caches and databases but Nada. I do a fresh install and it works fine for a few days and then starts again.

I even tried deleting all the FLAC files from the SSD on the Prestige and instead mounting a USB harddrive and then reinstalling Roon Server (so in effect it was a completely brand new library as well as install). But same issue has kicked in again within 2 days.

I spoke to Martin Smith at Vortexbox but he's not seen this before.

Any thoughts on whether this is something within SonicOrbiter or whether this is a Roon issue?

After multiple fruitless reinstalls I am rapidly losing patience with it and am considering the nuclear option of just replacing the server altogether.

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

I’m not involved in that project and don’t know about the details. However, if you are having issues with Tidal that suggests to me a network or internet issue. Try local playback direct from the unit via USB. Also, reinstalling the software will not generally help with issues. 

Hi Jesus - Thanks for the reply. However the issue occurs with both Tidal files and locally stored FLAC files.

To my thinking it's more like the library/database has become corrupt because Roon is spinning away, trying to load files that clearly exist. But failing to load them.

Also the fact that once a file exhibits this behaviour then the hanging issues persist for that file (regardless of rebooting the server, router or whatever) seems to point to a local issue and not network.

@agillis - I know the Prestige2 is not one of yours, but it's very close to your SonicTransporters in terms of OS and functionality. Any thoughts? I spoke to Martin Smith a couple times but he hadnt seen this before.

Many Thanks,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

1 hour ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi Jesus - Thanks for the reply. However the issue occurs with both Tidal files and locally stored FLAC files.

To my thinking it's more like the library/database has become corrupt because Roon is spinning away, trying to load files that clearly exist. But failing to load them.

Also the fact that once a file exhibits this behaviour then the hanging issues persist for that file (regardless of rebooting the server, router or whatever) seems to point to a local issue and not network.

@agillis - I know the Prestige2 is not one of yours, but it's very close to your SonicTransporters in terms of OS and functionality. Any thoughts? I spoke to Martin Smith a couple times but he hadnt seen this before.

Many Thanks,

Alan

How can a Tidal stream be corrupt? Have you tried local playback as I suggested?

Hi Jesus,

My working theory is that the Roon Library or Database within my server is playing up. Hence it tries to load files that show as present on my phone but sits hanging for ages.

I'm at my work right now. Will try to the local playback as suggested.

Just to be clear. This suggestion is Enable local playback within the roon server options. And then connect a USB from the server to my DAC. Is that what you meant?

Many Thanks,

Alan

@BigAlMc the Prestige2 is built in the UK using our Sonicorbiter OS. You can delete Roon Server using the software manager. This will also delete the database. Then you could reinstall and reconfigure Roon Server. This should resolve Roon database problems. If that doesn't work you should go on the Roon forum and get Roon support involved. They can take a look at the Roon log and tell you if there is a problem.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

@agillis Yup, I've tried that like 12 times but same issues kick in within a few days.

Update - I tried to enable Local Playback as per @vortecjr feedback but it was not responding. The Server showed on the MySonicorbiter page but clicking on Manage resulted in a "not available" error.

I tried restarting it but now it's completely lost. Won't show up at all on the network. Have tried everything and after wasting 2 hours on it have set my old NAS up instead. NAS & BubbleUpnp. Old school but at least the music is playing again.

Will try giving Martin Smith a call to see if he has any advice but best I can tell this server is kaput!

Or any suggestions how to force a hard reboot when the it doesnt show on the network?

Funny part is that I was already tempted by the Innuos Zenith SE. It seems my current server not only agrees with this plan but is actively encouraging me!! 

22 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

@agillis Yup, I've tried that like 12 times but same issues kick in within a few days.

Update - I tried to enable Local Playback as per @vortecjr feedback but it was not responding. The Server showed on the MySonicorbiter page but clicking on Manage resulted in a "not available" error.

I tried restarting it but now it's completely lost. Won't show up at all on the network. Have tried everything and after wasting 2 hours on it have set my old NAS up instead. NAS & BubbleUpnp. Old school but at least the music is playing again.

Will try giving Martin Smith a call to see if he has any advice but best I can tell this server is kaput!

Or any suggestions how to force a hard reboot when the it doesnt show on the network?

Funny part is that I was already tempted by the Innuos Zenith SE. It seems my current server not only agrees with this plan but is actively encouraging me!! 

Best to contact Martin for life support on his unit.

Not to critique what you plan to do, but this is what I would do. If you have a NAS and your are using BubbleUPnP then just add a Sonore Signature Rendu SE for playback. 

Here is why:

1. You don't really need another server.

2. You will save a lot of cash.

3. The Sonore Signature Rendu SE is a full custom main board with linear regulation powered by a very high quality linear supply.

4. The Sonore Signature Rendu SE main board has a USB regenerative circuit designed by John Swenson.

On 11/23/2017 at 3:39 PM, vortecjr said:

Not to critique what you plan to do, but this is what I would do. If you have a NAS and your are using BubbleUPnP then just add a Sonore Signature Rendu SE for playback. 

Nice try Jesus! ;)

I think there's some confusion. I am 'reduced' to using BubbleUpnp because my Roon server has died on me and I've gone back to using a NAS instead. 

Getting Roon and a great sounding server back up and running is my priority and if I spend any money then that's where I'd do it. Rather than throwing it all into a no doubt excellent end-point such your signature SE one.

The appeal of the Innuos I referenced is that it does (reportedly) excellent USB and ethernet output. And given my Directstream DAC accepts both formats there's an element of future proofing in there.

Anyways - I'll contact Martin for help with the server. 

Thanks to both yourself and Andrew for the input.

Cheers,

Alan

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@vortecjr

How is things progreeing with implementing HQPlayer embedded as part or besides the SonicOrbiter in SonicTransporters ?

Have you and Andrew concluded that this will be on the roadmap ?

Moving slowly. There are some interesting developments though. 

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, ksalno said:

Very cool. This will include both the micro- and ultraRendu series?

On microRendu with 2.5 or greater, all ultraRendu, and all Signature Rendu SE.

On the Transporter series I have to confirm with Andrew, because he has a bunch of different units.  

2 hours ago, Mikem1 said:

With the latest updates to 2.6 on my ultraRendu I am now able to stream native DSD(512) to my iFi Pro DSD DAC.

One of the new features is auto recognition of DACs that support native DSD under Linux. This means no more waiting for new native DSD devices to be added to the system. If you just updated...you now have that new code. Can you post the information from Apps / DAC Diagnostics here so I can check things out? 

Here are some of the up coming Sonicorbiter OS 2.7 features on the sonicTransporter series:

1. Resilio Sync - New application for automatically syncing content on your computer to a sonicTransporter.   
2. Plex Media server now has auto-update.
3. HQplayer embedded has been updated and also supports UPnP streams.

4. Support for streaming to Merging devices via RAVENNA / AES67.

5. Bug fix for Tidal skipping first track with Roon.