IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

8 minutes ago, d_elm said:

Network storage, no streaming.

Right.  The whole OpenHome problem with BubbleUPnP Server on the microRendu is limited to streaming TIDAL or Qobuz.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 8/27/2017 at 11:43 AM, rickca said:

@vortecjr have you made any progress with this?  Are there any other CA members using an IOS control point like Lumin and running BubbleUPnP Server on the microRendu who find it works reliably?

Do you have auto update enabled in BubbleUPnP Server?

50 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Do you have auto update enabled in BubbleUPnP Server?

Yes, I do have auto update enabled and I am running BubbleUPnP Server Version 0.9 Update 25 as previously reported.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

On 8/22/2017 at 2:32 AM, jaaptina said:

I'm running Bubbleupnp Server on my Synology NAS. That always works. I've not installed Bubbleupnp Server on microRendu. This way openhome works best for me. Maybe it helps you. 

i think this is the best way to do it, too (assuming you have a nas).

@rickca -- where is your music library stored?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
19 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

i think this is the best way to do it, too (assuming you have a nas).

@rickca -- where is your music library stored?

I don't have a NAS.  My music library is on my Windows 10 machine.

11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I'm afraid that there is not much more that we can do.

Why?  Are you saying that nobody else has experienced this issue, and that you can't reproduce it?  Or are you saying that BubbleUPnP isn't your code, so you don't support it?

SonicOrbiter is designed to be really simple to use, but it gives me no troubleshooting tools so I need to rely on you for support.  There must be something repeatedly crashing and restarting, but I have no access to any diagnostic logs to figure things out.

21 minutes ago, d_elm said:

Rickca,  you will not like this but life would be simpler and better if you had a NAS for your music and music servers running on it.

I don't have a big music library.  I rely a lot on Qobuz.  I really have no need for a NAS.  What music servers are you talking about ... you mean things like MinimServer?  It works fine on Windows 10.

A NAS means one more computer and one more operating system that I have to maintain, along with a whole bunch of networking considerations.  It's unnecessary complexity.

35 minutes ago, rickca said:

I don't have a big music library.  I rely a lot on Qobuz.  I really have no need for a NAS.  What music servers are you talking about ... you mean things like MinimServer?  It works fine on Windows 10.

A NAS means one more computer and one more operating system that I have to maintain, along with a whole bunch of networking considerations.  It's unnecessary complexity.

BubbleUPnP Server.  I am just saying if it is not reliable on SonicOrbiter  then your life would be simpler with another solution.  Does the discussion on this other thread help ?

16 minutes ago, d_elm said:

BubbleUPnP Server.  I am just saying if it is not reliable on SonicOrbiter  then your life would be simpler with another solution.  Does the discussion on this other thread help ?

OK I get your point.  I've already posted that BubbleUPnP Server works reliably on Windows 10 but not on SonicOrbiter.  I've explained previously why I'd prefer not to run it on Windows 10.

So yes my life would be simpler if I just ran BubbleUPnP Server on Windows 10 and ignored the fact that it is unreliable on SonicOrbiter.  I just think bugs should be fixed instead of using a workaround.

Thanks for the link to that other discussion.  It doesn't help with this issue, but that OpenHome Player looks like something interesting for me to try.

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Why?  Are you saying that nobody else has experienced this issue, and that you can't reproduce it?  Or are you saying that BubbleUPnP isn't your code, so you don't support it?

SonicOrbiter is designed to be really simple to use, but it gives me no troubleshooting tools so I need to rely on you for support.  There must be something repeatedly crashing and restarting, but I have no access to any diagnostic logs to figure things out.

My thought was that we had fallen behind on updating the application. However, we are running the latest version of the code on both Sonicorbiter 2.3 and on Sonicorbiter 2.5. If you have the Audio Update enabled then you should be getting any updates or fixes in real time. I don't have any other active tickets on this. I also can't reproduce it here. What d_elm is suggesting is to run it BubbleUPnP Server on a NAS or another computer. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update Notice

An update is available from Apps / Software Manager for Sonicorbiter 2.5 based units. 

1. This update adds additional DACs that support native DSD. For a complete list of devices that support native DSD refer here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

2. There is also an update for RoonReady included with the above.

2 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Update Notice

An update is available from Apps / Software Manager for Sonicorbiter 2.5 based units. 

1. This update adds additional DACs that support native DSD. For a complete list of devices that support native DSD refer here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

2. There is also an update for RoonReady included with the above.

Cool

• 3 weeks later...

@vortecjr how about Chromecast support in SonicOrbiter 2.5?  This would allow us to use the Qobuz app (which has Cast support) on an iPad or Android device and direct the output to a microRendu.  This means there is no need for a separate remote control app like with A+.

dCS plans to do this to support Qobuz on their Network Bridge.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not know in which version exactly it changed, but on my microRendu and on my ultraRendu, sometimes if I update and reboot (even if there is no update) it defaults back to the first player instead of the active player: Ii starts Squeezelite although it was on RoonReady. Is that by design? Can it be so that after a reboot it defaults back to the last setting?

Would be great.

Just did my weekly update to my microRendu....it appeared the only app updated was Squeezelite.  However, despite numerous system reboots, etc., Squeezelite will not start and, as well, the Dac Diagnostics app returns an error message of "Error 500 service unavailable".

The device does appear on my network and the other app/functions appear to work (though I don't really use anything else).

Anybody else having the same issue??

3 hours ago, chetthejet said:

Just did my weekly update to my microRendu....it appeared the only app updated was Squeezelite.  However, despite numerous system reboots, etc., Squeezelite will not start and, as well, the Dac Diagnostics app returns an error message of "Error 500 service unavailable".

The device does appear on my network and the other app/functions appear to work (though I don't really use anything else).

Anybody else having the same issue??

Fixed.....some sort of software hairball.  Thanks @agillis!!