IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, OldBigEars said:

@bobflood I’m not really interested in waiting to hear your opinion about whether or not the new version of sonicorbiter provides a sound quality improvement.  This is a simple question purposely directed to the software designer - who I’m going to assume has a done many hours of testing and comparing  It’s entirely reasonable to expect a simple, clear answer without obfuscation. 

It doesn’t really matter what you’re interested in. Bob stated the facts for you. These facts have been gleaned over many years of using Sonore products and talking to the company about each update. Sonore doesn’t comment on changes in sound quality. Period. End of story. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, Mercman said:

I just received 2.8 for my Signature Rendu SE Optical. Guys, I cannot get Roon to see the Rendu. The Rendu is coming up in the Sonicorbiter software. The settings seem correct and I restarted the Roon app on the Rendu. My DAC is recognized by Sonicorbiter and the DAC is indicating a connection with the Rendu.  I have restarted everything multiple times, but no success.

When I change out the card to 2.7, Roon recognizes the Rendu.

Try a different USB cable. Don’t laugh, I’ve done it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, brightonjel said:

Is it OK to update Sonicorbiter from 2.7 to 2.8 before loading the 2.8 build on the SD card for uRendu?  My card is on order (but not yet arrived) but I see that uRendu Software Manager app is reporting that 2.8 is now the latest.  Is it better to wait and update everything at once or can I get that bit done first?

I don't believe it's possible to update from 2.7 to 2.8 even though it says 2.8 is the newest version on that page. You can go through the update procedure and it will only update apps, not the OS.

4 hours ago, sgb said:

I have the excat same problem with my 2.8 card (card not physical damaged) when trying to update the software in SO.com.

Updating process 1 of 3 complete...
Updating process 2 of 3 complete...
Updating OS packages...

My opticalRendu shuts down.

I had the issue as well. 

Not sure what I did for the opticalRendu to get it going but I know it involved many power cycles on/off. 

@vortecjr Any idea why I can't get Roon to stream native DSD to an Ayre QB-9 Twenty? Perhaps there is no altset for this or the QB-9 DACs aren't included in this capability? 

DAC description: Ayre QB-9 Twenty      21b4:0230

Diagnostic information for this DAC

Ayre Acoustics, Inc. Ayre QB-9 Twenty at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: SPECIAL
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32
Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)
Simple mixer control 'Ayre QB-9 Twenty ',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Ayre QB-9 Twenty ',1
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...