IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bunno77 said:

Pretty hard if someone is already invested in the product. 

It's only a firmware update not an entire operating system, again weren't updates promised for life?

They are paid members on here so this is a mini protest/complaint. I don't believe I am the only one. 

No, we weren't promised updates for life.

AFAIK, it is a new version of the OS. 

If you get the new version, it will have free updates, until Sonore decides it won't. Or until the OS is no longer supported (as happens with all OSes at some point). 

What is the big deal? Sonore already said there are no SQ improvements here, so nothing is stopping you from using your present version. 

They made a decision that it was best for both users and themselves to do the update on an SD card, as that prevents a lot of user angst (update issues) and support activity by them. Clearly, the percent of failed updates will be orders of magnitude lower with this system.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 hours ago, m5sime said:

Hi - I believe it's as complex as power off, pop out card noting orientation and pop in new. Power up and do any setup again as settings lost. I'm waiting for mine too 

Just to be clear: you are supposed to shut it down from the web interface, and not buy pulling the plug. In other words, a proper shutdown.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Mine boots up and seemingly works, but Roon doesn't see the RoonReady, LMS doesn't see Squeezelite, and HQP doesn't see the NAA. Hopefully Jeus will be able to straighten it out. (And yes, I've done the "save" bit).

13 hours ago, miguelito said:

v2.5 makes Roon see it as a new device. Open the audio setup and enable it. If you had DSP  settings, suggest you save them while in v2.3, then retrieve them once you have enabled the "new" device.

Nice try, but that doesn't work. 

It also doesn't see my DAC (mytek 192) and that apparently causes some of the other functions not to work.

1 minute ago, andifor said:

I guess, I have a different idea of service / customer support. Fast moving trains are not helpful, if customers don't know where they are headed.

Understood. But you do realize it isn't Sonore's responsibility to explain updates of other companies software? Their responsibility is to tell you that 2.5 includes those updates.