IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Hi all,

Just received my 2.8 SD card this morning and can’t get it working at all.

I’ve put the original 2.7 SD card back in and everything works fine, so I haven’t got a clue what’s going on can someone please help.

I’ve restarted the Router, restarted the opticalrendu, restarted the opticalmodule. I’ve tried absolutely everything and the light on the opticalrendu just won’t change from red, just constantly red.

Both lights are on the opticalmodule, one solid green one flashing orange.

Any insight would be much appreciated please, thanks

14 minutes ago, johnwilk said:

Thought I'd tried everything too. Then I followed this advice: 2. Have you pressed Save in Settings. (solves most issues). And it turned out to be true. But maybe you did this. Scroll back a couple of pages in this discussion and consult the numbered list of stuff to check.

Hi mate thanks for the advice

but unfortunately I can’t even get to the settings to press Save, Just a constant red light

18 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Some updates

quark's issue seems to be a cracked SD card so I'll have Andrew send him a new card.

cat6man the cards are cumbersome to install even with the enclosure removed:) Anyway, just update your unit a second time and the last of the updates will come in. The temp file errors are in the script that runs in the update. Andrew has located the errors in the script, fixed them, and the revised scripts will go into shipments starting Monday.   

Thank you so much

Just Got my replacement v2.8 SD card this morning And all is good thanks vortecjr
done the software update twice and everything works.

And so far I’ve noticed that my Brooklyn DAC has connected perfectly every time I do a reboot, and Shown up in DAC diagnostics perfectly also.

previously in DAC diagnostics Version 2.7, My Brooklyn DAC Was a bit hit and miss, But with version 2.8 every detail is correct every time I reboot.

One difference I’ve noticed is when rebooting the opticalrendu It takes a little bit longer to restart. after the countdown It takes another 5 or 10 seconds to reappear. But when it does everything is great.

Thanks

21 hours ago, Matias said:

I am still on 2.7 and every now and then my DAC vanishes from DAC Diagnostics. Rebooting usually works. Then JRiver cannot send audio to the ultraRendu. This interface is quite unstable for me. I was hoping 2.8 fixed this, well... I am not so sure now. Let's see when my card arrives.

Hi,

I had the exact same Problem.

Using Roon it would suddenly lose connection to OpticalRendu, but when checking DAC diagnostics in sonicorbiter  my DAC had disappeared.

I managed to make things a lot more stable by purchasing bluejeans Ethernet cables, which when you see them you can tell are very well made. 

Apparently a lot of ethernet cables are made in such a mass that often connection is not that good.

However to put your mind at rest, since getting sonicorbiter 2.8 I have had  perfect connection to my DAC every time. 

In 2.7 my DAC would be shown in DAC diagnostic but would have different readings randomly, and I’d have to restart the opticalrendu several times to get it to connect properly. 

But since version 2.8 my DAC has connected perfectly every single time.

So if I was you definitely upgrade to version 2.8

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Which DAC are you using?

The original Mytek Brooklyn DAC.

like I said in version 2.7 often in DAC diagnostics the readings would be not quite correct and randomly different each Time I checked, and I’d have to restart two times at least to get it to connect properly.

But since version 2.8 the readings in DAC diagnostic have been perfect every single time, couldn’t be happier 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

If Moon does not update there USB firmware we can't support it streaming native DSD. Only DSD via DoP is currently supported as configured by them up to DSD128 via any Linux based unit. They would need to add an Altset that supports the DSD_U32_BE streaming format.

Hi,
is there a list somewhere of DAC’s that are now supported with Native DSD streaming on sonicorbiter 2.8 please?