IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

4 hours ago, Elberoth said:

the manufacturing cost if each unit is ~$150

Don't forget that the microRendu effectively has an Uptone USB Regen inside it as well. Add that to the cost of the sMS-200 and you're basically at parity, and I do believe that licensing costs are involved for use of the Uptone technology.

I also own both the sMS-200 and microRendu, though haven't dedicated any time to comparing them yet. I'm also wondering how SotM's new USB gizmodoodle will compare to the new Uptone ISO and whether a new microRendu with the new Uptone technology may be in the works.

So many things to wonder about ! So much potential for spending more money ! So glad we have innovators like Uptone and Sonore creating great products for us !

1 hour ago, Elberoth said:

And to meke things worse for Sonore, their customer service is sub par in my experience compared to SOtM. 

Cheer up - you can probably replace your microRendu with a second sMS-200 and be ahead financially. Wouldn't it be nicer to have nothing to be upset with Sonore about?

38 minutes ago, bobflood said:

JR would be perfectly within his rights to delete all these posts. This is his house so his rules apply.

You're right, but there are good reasons for leaving the grumpy posts. It's an opportunity to demonstrate the patience and professionalism with which they're handled and lends credibility to the honesty of the forum. 

In much the same way, when looking at online reviews, I have trouble trusting the all-glowing or all complaining reviews. At least with Google you can identify the serial complainers or the suspected semi-professional boosters by looking at their review history.

I now prefer personal recommendations again whenever possible, as online reviews have become so unreliable. Forums like this are often as close as you can come to personal recommendations or warnings.

3 hours ago, d_elm said:

Elberoth, please sell your microRendus and stop whining in this forum. PITA.

+1

I think this is just outright trolling now. 

Of course, it could also be an exercise in reverse psychology - such massively over the top negativity has almost certainly put anyone else off from feeling any minor irritation at reaching between the couch cushions for $20.

14 hours ago, JoseL said:

Hi Jesus, 

I have not received my SD card yet.
I did receive the microRendu Software Version 2.5 notification email on April 25 at 11.32 AM (Arizona time) and made payment the same date at 7:13 PM.
Did my SD card make it to be shipped on the first batch or will ship on the second? 
TIA,

I'm on the same timeline as you and mine arrived today. Everything went smooth as clockwork - upgraded 2.5, reconfigured Roon and I'm off :)