IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

8 hours ago, rickca said:

Maybe another motivation is protection of Sonicorbiter IP.  I don't know how you can do a 'secret' link.  Jesus always wants to keep the user experience good and avoid foreseeable support issues.  

What I'm saying is that you pay between 0 and 20, and based on that you get access to the image. 

I think for that price most of us will respect the "IP", and not share the image.

He can do a clever twist and offer a download for a limited time or price like $10, and to those that those like the card in mail, they just pay the $20.

But I suspect the $20 is meant to only cover the SD card and possible some freight and/or labor.

Which bring us back to just being offered the image as a download. 

But as to avoid some reverse engineering or cracking the admin PW (protect IP), he may like to make the download personally, which may take some effort to accomplish. I don't know. 

Actually I be rather more attempt to make the image public myself, if he is just that paranoid about protect the IP, and only like to use mail. As said anyone can take the present image and make public if they like. 

I'm saying this cause SGC was very reluctant helping me earlier with a new SSD to my SonicTransporter. And I was never given a reason for why I could not purchase a SSD with the SonicOrbiter installed, but requested to ship my whole unit back to the US from Norway.

If I had the necessary Linux skills, I might find a way to install a clone of SonicOrbiter from a small SSD to a bigger one, but I don't think its that simple. 

Well I hope soon we get an proper answer. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

We are just going to offering the micro SD card for purchase.  

Are you OK with if someone make a copy and offer an image to those of us that like to save the freight cost ? Or just prefer to use his own card. 

As as long as you don't get any support issues etc. and this thread is not filled with issues around how to do what etc. 

4 hours ago, andifor said:

Another question on the microRendu: is it possible to turn of the "drive service"? I don't know whether it's SMB or something other, but my mR provides some storage_readonly with empty movies, music, and pictures folders.

Just delete it. If you for any reason need it, it will be available under the available apps. 

I just deleted mine, just so you can be sure my advice is valid ?

9 hours ago, earnmyturns said:

I think I know what the settings for my to mRs are, but I'm pretty sure I'll miss something, and waste time trying to track down the mismatch.

Why not just use a print screen tool, like Gadwin PrintScreen to document your settings. ?

1 hour ago, JBNY said:

This is a $700 piece of audio equipment that is asking for an upgrade fee for the firmware in less than a year after launch.

I think you haven't understood the issue here. 

They don't asked for a upgrade fee. You pay for the SD card and shipping. 

If you should complain about something, it's how the SW is distributed, but that has already been addressed, and we may not like it, but that is how Sonore decided to do it.

The link in the mail from Sonore was by the way very nice done. Two clicks and done.

7 minutes ago, Elberoth said:

Competing SOtM sMS-200 endpoint software had several updates and all of them were free.

So has the MicroRendu. 

Now there there is a new Linux core. Has SOtM done a complete OS upgrade ?  Have you compared the OS versions in use ?

If you own a MicroRendu, I suggest you sell it and purchase the sms-200 ?

But you don't, do you ?

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, bunno77 said:

What is stopping someone uploading the file to the net so everyone can have it for free instantly? Previous updated where over the net for free with no waiting.... 

I discussed this with Jesus. He did not give his aproval. 

And posting the image is not piracy in my opinion. But you will make a problem for almost all users, as Jesus stated he will stop shipping if done. 

• vortecjr unlocked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

@canali

Can you tell us your network configuration. Where is Roon ? Is the MicroRendu been updated to 2.5, and have you then also updated the SW ?

Roon is just in a new release. Have you updated ?

is all your W10, if any, up to date ?

What router and switch are you using ? Do you use fixed IP ?

Where is your music stored ?

Do you use BJ cables ? Have you tried different cables ?

Is the SD card in MicroRendu correctly installed ?

Try different USB cable ?

Good results from Speedtest.net ?

2 hours ago, canali said:

maybe i should buy a separate switch...

Since you mention it, I just added an old D-link 10/100 dedicated to the MicroRendu. And I think the sound got much better. 

My gbit switvh (Linksys) has PoE. Probably not the best to use on audio. 

So so if you find an old used one, buy it. $10 to $15 ?? ?

2 hours ago, canali said:

wired router/modem

Connetced direct to a router ? Not a switch ?

are you able to acces that router web interface ?

then you should be able to see all attached devices. 

Did you read this one by the way:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

The highest version of Sonicorbiter the operating system by Sonore product is as follows:

Sonicorbiter SE - 2.3

microRendu - 2.5

ultraRendu - 2.5

Signature Rendu SE - 2.5

You may add SonicTransporter ?

In think correct version is 2.5