IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

27 minutes ago, Gnnett said:

Hi there

I have a MicroJukeBox and I just checked software version and it said current 2.7 and latest 2.8. So I hit the update button and it now says current 2.7 and latest 2.7.

Would I be right in guessing the MJB is now a Legacy product and as it is stable with 2.7, this is where it will stay?

By the way I am still loving it. (don't tell anyone but with my "small library" and by emptying the Roon cache regular and not relying too heavily on Tidal, it is running Roon and Tidal quite happily. 🙂 )

Cheers

Grant 

The upgrade to 2.8 requires purchasing ($29) a new MicroSD Card from Sonore or Small Green Computers. 

3 minutes ago, JHG said:

Just tried to update my microrendu 1.4 to SO 2.8.  When done it said to reboot which I tried, but never works, so I power cycled it.  Still showed 2.7 so I tried to reinstall 2.8, but it said nothing to do.  Power cycled again with no luck.  And Kazoo nor Mconnect see the rendu.

The 2.8 update requires you to purchase ($29) a microSD card from Sonore or Small Green Computers. 

Received my 2.8 update card today for my opticalRendu and everything went well, no startup issues. Been playing music for about an hour without any issues.

The oR recognized my TPA DAC (JL Sounds USB board) with no problems. Typically getting the oR to recognize the TPA DAC has been a huge hassle so great to see that has been resolved.

By comparison, the oR usually plays nice with my Holo Cyan DAC in that it is easily recognized.

@vortecjr does 2.8 contain changes to how network traffic is handled?

The reason for asking is that I have always had the occasional dropout of a few seconds during playback. It was a bit random in that no dropouts for a few days then a few dropouts would occur. No idea what in the network chain causes these dropout (server, NAS, switches, oR, ...). Been a real head scratcher. I monitor CPU usage & network traffic in/out of server and whenever a dropout occurs it clearly shows in those monitors.

So far, no dropouts with 2.8 after several hours of use so hopefully whatever is in 2.8 has solved the dropouts. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Matias said:

Just a short feedback: I have been running 2.8 and updated apps over the last few weeks and never had a dropout again. It is running DLNA rock solid on all PCM/DSD sample rates, start/seek/stop, everything! I am so very glad. :)

Same here using HQP NAA app, no dropouts ever since I upgraded to 2.8 a few weeks ago.

I have been trying to determine the source of dropouts for over a year. Glad it is solved. Fingers crossed.

It looks like 2.8 may still be causing overheating issues with the opticalRendu on startup.

Being stuck at home these days and looking for things to do, I decided to check on updates to my Linux server and opticalRendu. When the opticalRendu finished updating, it was not being found on my network. I tried totally powering down opticalRendu several times but that didn’t work.

Next I thought that my Google WiFi router wasn’t assigning it an IP address, I started rewiring network so that opticalRendu closer to the router (several switches, WiFi connections between opticalRendu & router) but nothing worked.

Finally I decided to power down opticalRendu for several minutes to let it cool down. On powering back up, it was recognized on the network!!

So I am concluding that the overheating issue is still there on startup. I use a 7.5v linear power supply which is mid-range on the recommended voltage so nothing extreme there.

29 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Sounds like it’s working properly.

Yes, once you allow the opticalRendu to cool down for a few minutes, it works properly.

Just putting this out there for any others that might be experiencing the same issue.  I thought this behavior was solved with the latest cards (which I have) but apparently not.