IGNORED

12V lithium battery that can recharge via USB?

ggking7

• 6 years later...

Maybe I should post video of my car battery charger. I used a 486 switching computer supply. I loaded the various voltages with a moderate resistance so they won't blow up and connected leads that would fit my car to the plus 12 volt lead and ground. Seems it does about 12 amps when the battery is low. Voltage is regulated to 12.6 volts so it never overcharges and it being a switching unit was way more green than normal chargers from back then. Still works too. I built another for friends that were using them as rechargers for high performance remote control electric planes.

Of course I seemed to notice after I charged a car battery this way, a certain stridency and irritation when listening to CDs in the car. We didn't know about the need for LPS for digital sound back then. Once digital switching noise agitates electrons they just don't settle down anymore. That might explain why I used a Nakamichi TD700 cassette head unit in my vehicles when others were CD only (actually it was the superb FM performance that did it and the excellent Nak power amp).

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

(actually it was the superb FM performance that did it and the excellent Nak power amp).

I have seen recovered PC SMPS supplies used with breakout devices used this way. In fact Silicon Chip magazine published a project using them.

Do you still have FM stations that don't use .MP3 carts, and have 10 minutes of Ads at a time ?

When FM Stereo first started in Australia with months of test transmissions it was superb, but it didn't take too long for them to try to become the loudest sounding station on the FM band, get rid of late night announcers and use crappy automated .mp3 carts.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I have seen recovered PC SMPS supplies used with breakout devices used this way. In fact Silicon Chip magazine published a project using them.

Do you still have FM stations that don't use .MP3 carts, and have 10 minutes of Ads at a time ?

When FM Stereo first started in Australia with months of test transmissions it was superb, but it didn't take too long for them to try to become the loudest sounding station on the FM band, get rid of late night announcers and use crappy automated .mp3 carts.

No, not any longer. I still have the Nak head unit in a box. I last used it as an FM tuner indoors when between good tuners. Shortly thereafter there wasn't anything worth worrying about on FM in my area. I still have one of the good old Denon tuners that hasn't been on in three years. Also have an old Fisher FM 50B tuner. Purchased at a yard sale for $2. Works very nicely.

I do listen to FM over internet for finding music new to me.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.