IGNORED

My Audiophile Friends Think I am Crazy because...

Paul R

My Audiophile Friends Think I am Crazy Because...  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You missed the boat my friend, but it is not a Texas thing! Two of my closer friends are audiophiles. Although all of us have been in this hobby together for 30 years, we all dislike each others systems, and moreover our musical tastes. We talk audio and swap some gear to and fro, but we all seem to think the other is off base. Sound familiar?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

You missed the boat my friend, but it is not a Texas thing! Two of my closer friends are audiophiles. Although all of us have been in this hobby together for 30 years, we all dislike each others systems, and moreover our musical tastes. We talk audio and swap some gear to and fro, but we all seem to think the other is off base. Sound familiar?

LOL!

Nope, not familiar at all.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

No one I know in "real life" is an audiophile.

I don't tell my friends how much my audiophile stuff costs because they'd start to doubt my sanity-or worse.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Prudent advice!

No one I know in "real life" is an audiophile.

I don't tell my friends how much my audiophile stuff costs because they'd start to doubt my sanity-or worse.

Forrest:

Nobody I know cares about audio quality(wife included) . They are happy to wear Apple earbuds at the gym and have a Best Buy type system in their family room .

But they sure do like my system ! I think most of my friends would rather spend the money on a great 4K TV set and blu ray player than on audio equipment .

They are happy with Apple Music and it's awful 256 Kbps bitrate audio quality too .

One of my audiophile friends refers to everyone else (non-audiophiles) as civilians.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Computer Audiophile mobile app

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

My audiophile friends think I'm crazy because:

I tell them everything they hold dear was effectively refuted in 1958.

Silver doesn't work for cables.

I dare them to beat the AR-4X speakers that have been in my office for 30 years.

Silver works fine. Just not any better than copper.

Ha! Try selling to that same crowd! Lol!

Not so easy.

David

What about silver plated, copper coated steel in teflon insulation of course. The military has used such in years past.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I don't have any audiophile friends but, yes, my normal friends think I'm crazy...

R

HA, mine too. You should see the "deer-in-the-headlights" looks I get when I answer a question from one of them .. eyes glaze over and a general look of patience and disinterest washes over them. I forget myself sometimes really and try not to torment my friends.

I do not know of anyone of my friends running multi channel beyond a sound bar- audiophile or not. Nor do they care.

I believe both of these are well established facts:

• I think MultiChannel sound and Video is where the future lies
    [/i]

I would question the judgement of anyone who didn't believe these facts.

Forrest: