IGNORED

A good subwoofer cable recommendation needed

IQ_AV

Hi All:

I am using a PI3 and Hiberry Digi+ with a old Harman Kardon Signature 2.0 PreAmp and Carver amp with a pair of NHT zeros. This was a living room setup mainly to listen classical, new age through a Roon Bridge installed on the Pi. Just bought a SVS SB-1000 to complement the Zeros. I have audioquest RCA cable laying around but thinking of buy a subwoofer cable. I am thinking of getting a Soundpath cable from SVS (SoundPath RCA Subwoofer / Audio Interconnect Cable – SVS ). I have to say, I am huge monoprice fan. Do you have any help for a Noob?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

Hi All:

I am using a PI3 and Hiberry Digi+ with a old Harman Kardon Signature 2.0 PreAmp and Carver amp with a pair of NHT zeros. This was a living room setup mainly to listen classical, new age through a Roon Bridge installed on the Pi. Just bought a SVS SB-1000 to complement the Zeros. I have audioquest RCA cable laying around but thinking of buy a subwoofer cable. I am thinking of getting a Soundpath cable from SVS (SoundPath RCA Subwoofer / Audio Interconnect Cable – SVS ).... Do you have any help for a Noob?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Blue Jeans Cable....I have one on an SVS SB-2000 and it sounds great, though I'm not entirely sure it makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Which one?

The BJC LC-1 is the best subwoofer cable I've ever used; with it's low capacitance dielectric, heavy-duty screening and those connectors. Makes all the difference in the world.

Subwoofer Cables from Blue Jeans Cable

I've had mine in my system for the past four years.

Do you suggest all cables sound the same in the bass department..?
What I was saying is that there is nothing special or significant about a subwoofer interconnect that distinguishes it from other analog interconnect when connected to a subwoofer (unless it is defective).

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

What I was saying is that there is nothing special or significant about a subwoofer interconnect that distinguishes it from other analog interconnect when connected to a subwoofer (unless it is defective).
Except from the fact that what matters most in this case (some people shouldn't read on..) is its bass response.

Subwoofer cables are often much, much longer than other interconnect cables and sometimes on a different AC power circuit. Both of which present added noise challenges.

My requirement is for a sub placed within 3-5 feet of the system.

I'm using the SVS cables for both my subs, they are excellent, well constructed cable, you won't find better.

BlueJeans LC-1 would also be an excellent choice, you can never go wrong with them anywhere in a system. I use them everywhere else for interconnects.

There would be no audible differences between the two.

Though very inexpensive I find the Monoprice cables not up the the quality of construction you will get from the other two above.

Price differences are too small to cheap out here. YMMV?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

If you are listening to a full range signal, there may be reasons for hearing a difference in the LF in comparison to another cable. For a sub connection only, I do not agree.
So we do not agree with each other. Many times I've noticed similiar differences as with full range cables. I use passive subwoofers myself, as usually with loudspeaker cables the differences tend to be even more meaningful.
Yet cables sound different in the low FR, will you agree.?

A qualified no. Any cable can either be so poorly spec'd or mechanically manufactured to introduce audible issues.

There are also expensive boutique cables on the market purposely designed to introduce audible aberrations.

Otherwise a well built cable using properly spec'd materials will be totally transparent to the source in the desired application.

Read how BlueJean spec's their interconnects, they're done the necessary homework. No magic dust going on here.

LC-1 Audio Cable Design Notes -- Blue Jeans Cable

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.