IGNORED

Interesting comments from a Naim dealer - must read!

cfmsp

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, It's not like you don't have a dog in this fight as acknowledging better rips(if true) would compromise your kits function as used. In that light, I find your comments poor form. I find ripping engines like EAC and DB better than Itunes. Maybe it's my specific setup but there you go. Keeping things simple and reassuring customers everything is OK may also be helping you flog some kit.

"In that light, I find your comments poor form."

Only if Michael were a dealer/manufacturer could his comments here be 'in poor form'.

As far as I know he's not identified himself as such, therefore we can only assume that he is not. If he IS, that's another matter entirely.

clay

I don't know what to say, I'm not upset or anything, I just wanted say that every audio manufacturer, in fact all manufacturers want to sell their wares, sometimes rounding the corners of truth, it helps sell stuff.

I was just treating the words I read as such that's all.

Hope this clarifies my point a little.

Definitely not a sales person, way too stressful, making quotas etc, not my cuppa-tea. My hat is off to those who make ends meet that way.

I'll have to read the article again, having two toddlers always seems to erase ones memory a little.

Michael J. Howell[br]Macbook Pro, Airport Extreme Base Station, AppleTV, Majik, Numerik, Katans. Linn Silver and Audioquest 3 Toslink, AQ - Indigo (bi-wire), Mapleshade Bedrocks (yes these actually work).