IGNORED

Setting up XLD 20151214 (149.1)

I've run into a roadblock because my external CD/DVD drive (ASUS SBC 06D2X-U) is on AccurateRip's "purged" list.

Here's the text (Digital Audio Extraction)

"Each CD drive reads audio discs slightly out (a number of samples), if your CD drive supports 'Accurate Stream' it will be a constant value, this value tends to be the same for each particular make and model of CD Drive. A small number of drives have [Purged] as the offset, these drives were found not to have a constant drive offset (perhaps different manufacturing batches, or firmwares), as such they have been removed from AccurateRip's drive database (should you have one of these drives, 3 matching key disks will be required to configure AccurateRip).

Can anyone point me to a guide to setting up XLD v. 149.1, such as other values that may need to be entered and defaults that should be revised? All I've found is a setup guide for an older version.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz Core i5 > G-Tech 3TB > Audirvana+ > Meridian Explorer > AudioQuest BigSur > Audio Research SP-6c > Belden 8402 Decware SE84UFO > WE16GA > Omega AlNiCo monitor

I would suggest not checking AccurateRip box in Preferences and give it a try. Unless you have a damaged disc you should be fine.

But isn't AccurateRip the point of using XLD over iTunes?

MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz Core i5 > G-Tech 3TB > Audirvana+ > Meridian Explorer > AudioQuest BigSur > Audio Research SP-6c > Belden 8402 Decware SE84UFO > WE16GA > Omega AlNiCo monitor

I would suggest not checking AccurateRip box in Preferences and give it a try. Unless you have a damaged disc you should be fine.

I can't imagine why you would want to do this. Checking the resulting rip against the AccurateRip database only adds a couple of seconds to overall rip time.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I'm back to square one:

"I've run into a roadblock because my external CD/DVD drive (ASUS SBC 06D2X-U) is on AccurateRip's "purged" list.

Here's the text (Digital Audio Extraction)

"Each CD drive reads audio discs slightly out (a number of samples), if your CD drive supports 'Accurate Stream' it will be a constant value, this value tends to be the same for each particular make and model of CD Drive. A small number of drives have [Purged] as the offset, these drives were found not to have a constant drive offset (perhaps different manufacturing batches, or firmwares), as such they have been removed from AccurateRip's drive database (should you have one of these drives, 3 matching key disks will be required to configure AccurateRip).

So I need to find out how to determine the constant drive offset for my ASUS SBC 06D2X-U external drive. I don't know what "matching key disks" are or how to use them to determine the constant drive offset.

Can anyone point me to a guide to setting up XLD v. 149.1, such as other values that may need to be entered and defaults that should be revised? All I've found is a setup guide for an older version.

I've been using iTunes. I have a number of corrupted files on my music drive that will have to be re-ripped. Damien Plisson, the Audirvana developer, recommends I use XLD.

Would this be of any help? Digital Audio Extraction

Avta—

I appreciate your effort to help answer my questions, I really do.

But your comments are off-point, and your last post pointed to a web page I've already posted a link to, which is, in fact, at the heart of my problem. The offset value for my external drive is not listed. There seems to be a way to derive that value, but I don't know how to do that.

That's what I'm trying to accomplish with this thread: How do I set up XLD when I don't know the offset value of my external drive?