IGNORED

Which brands of CD-rs? MAM_A &&&???? Sound quality

Alex mentioned he and others could hear the difference between copies and originals and that he and others liked the sound better from MAM-A CD_Rs.

I haven't yet made a copy of an original I have to compare but have noticed a difference between originals and copies of 2 different artists, who tend to do a a good job of recording/mixing, so am sure I'll hear a difference when I copy my original for comparison. I also noticed a difference between copies I made 15 years ago and some I made recently.

For those who DO hear a difference, what brands of CD-Rs do you use? And do you know how do they compare with MAM_A CD-Rs?

How are; Taiyo Yude, MAM_A Silver, Mitsu, any others?

Alex mentioned he and others could hear the difference between copies and originals and that he and others liked the sound better from MAM-A CD_Rs.

I haven't yet made a copy of an original I have to compare but have noticed a difference between originals and copies of 2 different artists, who tend to do a a good job of recording/mixing, so am sure I'll hear a difference when I copy my original for comparison. I also noticed a difference between copies I made 15 years ago and some I made recently.

For those who DO hear a difference, what brands of CD-Rs do you use? And do you know how do they compare with MAM_A CD-Rs?

How are; Taiyo Yude, MAM_A Silver, Mitsu, any others?

Lynn124

I have previously used Kodak Gold Archival CD-Rs with good results too, but I haven't compared them against MAM-A

Alex

See also http://bluecoastrecords.com/store/mqd-blanks-5-pack ( As recommended by Cookie Marenco)

Kodak "10 Pack" Gold Preservation CD R Blank Discs "24K Gold" 700MB 52X NEW | eBay

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Lynn124

Just in case you missed my reply in the other thread.

You could also buy smaller quantities from where I get mine to try them, but I don't know how much P+P it would cost for them to be sent overseas. You will get to see that option at the Checkout. They also supply other types of CD-R

Lynn124

If you search around I feel sure you will find some locally.

I buy mine in smaller quantities from a store half an hour's drive from me.

https://www.pcx.com.au/ProductDetail...ProductId=2423

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

The original link in the other thread still works, but it won't in this thread.

If this one doesn't work please try the other thread.

Alex

https://www.pcx.com.au/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=2423

P.S.

If you are from the USA, don't forget that your US$ is worth 25c more than an Au$ if making a price comparison.

Thanks Alex, I'm hoping to get feedback on Taiyo Yude as well. If they are almost as good I'll get those. We may need them for the radio library as well- we copy some originals as some of the CDs get trashed by DJs. If so we'd need 400 to 1000 of them- big cost difference. Especially for something that won't last very long in a usable state.

From what I read last night it looks like Kodak Gold Archival are made by MAM_A, and some higher end Verbatim, JVC and Mitsubitsi are made by Taiyo Yude. Taiyo Yude is a Japanese company with a good reputation and a lot of pros use them as copies. However, TY has several grades and supposedly there are counterfeits on Amazon etc.

I note from my supplier's page that Taiyo Yuden/JVC CD-R vary in price from Au.57c each to 76c each

That doesn't suggest too much about them being way better than average ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...