IGNORED

Anyone able to get NAA working in core mode?

tboooe

Has anyone been able to get NAA working on Server R2 in core mode? I tried it last night and got an error about missing avrt.dll. I copied that DLL back into the System32 folder after switching to Core mode but then got an error about missing another file. Does anyone know what files I need to copy back into System32 folder for NAA to work in Core mode?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Has anyone been able to get NAA working on Server R2 in core mode? I tried it last night and got an error about missing avrt.dll. I copied that DLL back into the System32 folder after switching to Core mode but then got an error about missing another file. Does anyone know what files I need to copy back into System32 folder for NAA to work in Core mode?

What is the error you're getting?

I remember copying whatever dll files were missing (per the error messages) from the System32 directory of a Win 8.1 or Win 10 installation to the NAA directory in WS2012R2.

After doing this a few times, there were no more error messages and NAA would start.

I remember copying whatever dll files were missing (per the error messages) from the System32 directory of a Win 8.1 or Win 10 installation to the NAA directory in WS2012R2.

After doing this a few times, there were no more error messages and NAA would start.

Thanks for the reply bro! I get errors saying DLL files are missing. The two files DLL files were avrt.dll and api-ms-win-crt-studio-11-1-0.dll. Frankly I stopped trying after getting the error for each one because it is a bit of a pain to revert back to GUI mode, copy the missing DLL then go back to Core mode, only to get another error. I am not sure if there are more missing files.

Also, are you saying the missing DLL file(s) need to be put into whatever directory the NAA executable is in and NOT the system32 folder?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Thanks for the reply bro! I get errors saying DLL files are missing. The two files DLL files were avrt.dll and api-ms-win-crt-studio-11-1-0.dll. Frankly I stopped trying after getting the error for each one because it is a bit of a pain to revert back to GUI mode, copy the missing DLL then go back to Core mode, only to get another error. I am not sure if there are more missing files.

Also, are you saying the missing DLL file(s) need to be put in the whatever directory the NAA executable is and NOT the system32 folder?

You can put them in the System32 directory if you want, but putting them in the NAA directory instead should work as well.

Also, I just remembered this: I think if you choose Install Kernel Streaming and Media Player Support when installing AO, some or all of the dlls will be available for you...

You can put them in the System32 directory if you want, but putting them in the NAA directory instead should work as well.

Also, I just remembered this: I think if you choose Install Kernel Streaming and Media Player Support when installing AO, some or all of the dlls will be available for you...

Ok after enabling kernel streaming a get a long list of DLL files that are missing when trying to run NAA. In total I get 13 DLL files that need to be copied back into System32. However, after I copy all of them I get an error related to VCRUNTIME140.DLL.

Other components:

Ok after enabling kernel streaming a get a long list of DLL files that are missing when trying to run NAA. In total I get 13 DLL files that need to be copied back into System32. However, after I copy all of them I get an error related to VCRUNTIME140.DLL.

I think the link above (in post 5) will fix you up.

I think the link above (in post 5) will fix you up.

Thank you very much but I already installed that when I got NAA working in GUI and Minimal Server mode.

I wonder if this has to do with the various AO options I chose. For example, I disable drivers, plug and play, etc when I use Ultimate mode. Do you remember what AO settings you used to get NAA to work in Core?

Other components:

Thank you very much but I already installed that when I got NAA working in GUI and Minimal Server mode.

I wonder if this has to do with the various AO options I chose. For example, I disable drivers, plug and play, etc when I use Ultimate mode. Do you remember what AO settings you used to get NAA to work in Core?

Same as or similar to you, probably (ultimate, install kernel-streaming, enable HPET, disable SEHOP, enable USB optimization, disable drivers and services, disable plug & play, disable AMD drivers, do not disable network services, do not disable remote desktop services, disable remote management services, disable WMI, don't use USBPAL).

But I'm pretty sure I installed the x_64 Microsoft Runtime stuff while in core mode.

But I'm pretty sure I installed the x_64 Microsoft Runtime stuff while in core mode.

Maybe thats the issue. I installed the Runtime while in GUI. Perhaps when switching to Core, some of the Runtime files are removed. However, I didnt think it was possible to install programs while in Core???

Other components:

Maybe thats the issue. I installed the Runtime while in GUI. Perhaps when switching to Core, some of the Runtime files are removed. However, I didnt think it was possible to install programs while in Core???

You can (install things in core).

If you install something like Q-Dir (that's what I used), you'll have a GUI of sorts and can navigate around in core a lot better. Then you'll be able to do things like fire up a web browser (Google Chrome in my case), download the MS Runtime stuff and then install it with mouse clicks.

Q-Dir the Quad Explorer for Windows - Q-Dir

If you copy a shortcut to Q-Dir.exe to your System32 directory, you can call it from the command line no matter what directory you're in (by typing Q-Dir).

I clearly must be doing something wrong. I cannot install vc_redist.x64.exe while in Core mode. I keep getting an error. I've tried installing the runtime before and after I run AO but with the same error.

You can (install things in core).

If you install something like Q-Dir (that's what I used), you'll have a GUI of sorts and can navigate around in core a lot better. Then you'll be able to do things like fire up a web browser (Google Chrome in my case), download the MS Runtime stuff and then install it with mouse clicks.

Q-Dir the Quad Explorer for Windows - Q-Dir

If you copy a shortcut to Q-Dir.exe to your System32 directory, you can call it from the command line no matter what directory you're in (by typing Q-Dir).

Other components:

I clearly must be doing something wrong. I cannot install vc_redist.x64.exe while in Core mode. I keep getting an error. I've tried installing the runtime before and after I run AO but with the same error.

I'm able to install it in core mode.

I'm able to install it in core mode.

I cant remember exactly but its a generic error saying install could not be completed with a link to a log file. When I read the log file I just see a bunch of different errors.

Other components:

Ok...

I tried to install vc_redist.x64 on a clean install of WS2012R2 Essentials.

I couldn't even install it in GUI mode until I did a bunch of Windows Updates (until there were no more updates available).

Then it installed and networkaudiod (x64) ran in GUI mode.

In core mode, networkaudiod wouldn't run because of missing dll files. Like you said, api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll appeared to be missing.

Trying to install vc_redist.x64 again (in core mode) didn't work. It gave me what was probably the same error as you were getting.

Here's what worked: Install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows. You can find it here: Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows. The third one down is the one I used (for x64 based WS2012R2 systems).

After that installed, networkaudiod ran (in core mode).

If you try to install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows and it doesn't work, I think you need to first do some Windows Updates.

Good luck.

Thank you! I will try this. After installing the Runtime update did you still have to copy over missing DLLs?

Other components:

BINGO! That CRT update did the trick. For anyone else trying this here is exactly what I did to get NAA working in Core mode.

Install vc-redist.x64 in GUI mode

Made sure NAA was working with HQP and playing music

Copy avrt.dll from the windows/system32 folder onto a usb stick

Switch to CORE mode

Install the CRT update as clipper suggested

Copy avrt.dll from my usb stick back to windows/system32 folder

Launch NAA executable

Sit back and thank clipper for all his hard work then enjoy the music!

Thank you again clipper!! BTW, I was up at UCLA this weekend taking my kid on a tour of the campus and catching a soccer game. Man I miss this place. We are headed back up in a few weeks and I will make sure I go that restaurant you mentioned. I'll get in touch when I know for sure when we are going.

Other components:

This worked really well. Thanks to heaven I found this post early in the process. One remark is that I did install CRT in GUI and it is working brilliantly. Another tip for the not so savvy old dos users. In order to copy arvt.dll in core mode, open the command prompt and use (if e:/ is your usb stick) type the command copy e:/arvt.dll c:/windows/system32. Took me a while before I remembered ☺

Did any of you how to start naa automatically on start up? I made a batchfile "naa" in system32. And now I have to open remote only to type in naa.

Anyway: tbooe and clipper, great work!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

This worked really well. Thanks to heaven I found this post early in the process. One remark is that I did install CRT in GUI and it is working brilliantly. Another tip for the not so savvy old dos users. In order to copy arvt.dll in core mode, open the command prompt and use (if e:/ is your usb stick) type the command copy e:/arvt.dll c:/windows/system32. Took me a while before I remembered ☺

Did any of you how to start naa automatically on start up? I made a batchfile "naa" in system32. And now I have to open remote only to type in naa.

Anyway: tbooe and clipper, great work!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Glad this worked for you! All the credit goes to clipper. All my questions led him to find the solution.

As for starting NAA automatically, I use Fidelizer as well which allows me to select an exe to run at startup. Works great!

Other components:

• 3 months later...
BINGO! That CRT update did the trick. For anyone else trying this here is exactly what I did to get NAA working in Core mode.

Install vc-redist.x64 in GUI mode

Made sure NAA was working with HQP and playing music

Copy avrt.dll from the windows/system32 folder onto a usb stick

Switch to CORE mode

Install the CRT update as clipper suggested

Copy avrt.dll from my usb stick back to windows/system32 folder

Launch NAA executable

Sit back and thank clipper for all his hard work then enjoy the music!

Why can't all this be done in GUI mode and then use service tool to get into core mode? Does going to core mode delete some of these items?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific