IGNORED

Cable arrangement best practice?

Guys, need your help. The rear of my audio rack is a complete cluster of power cords, interconnects, Ethernet cables, and speaker cables. What is the best way to arrange these various cables in relation to each other to minimize any potential degradation of the audio signal? Or does it matter at if the cables are all shielded? Please note that j am not an electrical! Engineer thing I do know enough to be dangerous. Thank you.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Guys, need your help. The rear of my audio rack is a complete cluster of power cords, interconnects, Ethernet cables, and speaker cables. What is the best way to arrange these various cables in relation to each other to minimize any potential degradation of the audio signal? Thank you.

You mean like this?

back%20of%20my%20system.jpg

I have found that the one immediately noticeable change was to not have power cables and signal cables travelling side by side for any meaningful distance (even if shielded). Best is when signal and power cross at near 90 degree angles or travel with a few inches of air between them.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

• 3 weeks later...
I have found that the one immediately noticeable change was to not have power cables and signal cables travelling side by side for any meaningful distance (even if shielded). Best is when signal and power cross at near 90 degree angles or travel with a few inches of air between them.

Agree.

Messy may actually be better as any electo-magnetic fields are likely to get scrambled rather than reinforced.

Greg

Japanese manufacturers generally place the power section on the right and the audio section on the left (speaker terminals in the middle), something which in my view should be standard practice for all manufacturers:

marantz_pm5005_cd5005_rear.jpg

R

SaveSave

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

• 3 weeks later...

Ricardo, a Post for you :)

As you can gather, I almost indiscriminately listen, watch...

From all the products I have, I change setups for specific purposes. Here's, in small bedroom, my single channel system, of the past week, dealing with mono albums, or old films in 4:3 ratio, even that 240p presentation by KI :

Mono setup.JPG

Mono rear.JPG

Mono wiring.JPG

So, mainly, short 50cm cabling, arranged so that they don't touch one another.

Yes, I'm happy sitting, sprawling leisurely on the polyurethaned cork floor.

No, I seldom enjoy DVDs on my plasma ; CRT has its uses, charm...

Perhaps I should get an AudioQuest Dragonfly, but, you know, I've been waiting in New Zealand for this

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

Smaller sized gear does make it a bit more tricky to get the cabling right : good job there.

Your link isn't working, though.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

It's more an issue of vertical stacking vs. horizontal, because 50cm interconnects works perfectly for the following situation of components :

So' date=' when I Google search to understand better a product that's mentioned, there are [i']listening-room[/i] images...

Well, impersonally, let's critique others (audiophiles that aren't members of CA) and learn from what we think they've done right, or wrong.

To begin, saw this photo from someone in Japan :

room2.JPG

You can have your say first, perhaps nominate another pic...

Indeed, 2 full-sized products, say a player to an integrated amp, side-by-side would likely need (at least) a meter interconnect.

And I'll continue with the Audio with Pictures Thread soon.

Incidentally, my speaker cable too is too short to touch the floor, plus I did consider carefully ventilation with my stacked-mono-setup (precise details, perhaps, another time) ; previous links works fine with Mac mini

«

an accurate picture

Of course, I did say Japan. And here's original link of their page

And speaking of Japan, when connecting interconnects, I take it in stride, like Sawada, I too don't let them touch :

l_hm_ma02.jpg

90.jpg

70.jpg

29425d1475275426-cable-arrangement-best-practice-player-marantz-consolette.jpg

I'm changing over now to stereo :

29379d1475205112-new-sonus-faber-sf16-unveiled-sardinia-italy-change-over-consolette.jpg

By the way' date=' that's a broken DC1020, shielding TV... Nobody operates a player beneath vibrating speakers

Let's flesh out more examples of all-in-one-life-style-type products we own...

[11] months ago' date=' I bought a second Marantz MS7000 Consolette (in black, my first was silver/white), before it became discontinued (due to their importers' [and dealers too] inability to really sell-it-on) because I like its sound and have long studied works by its audio engineers, Karl-Heinz Fink and Ken Ishiwata :

c26-MARANTZ-MS7000BK-2-l.jpg

Marantz_Consolette_back.jpg

Player to Marantz Consolette.JPG

«

an accurate picture

• 2 weeks later...
Me' date=' I prefer short cabling (having even sought a couple of 50cm HDMI by Wireworld), interconnects not to touch...

Ergo :

Because I prefer sitting' date=' lazying on the floor, it's set up like this :

[/font']29530d1475554361-my-favourite-youtube-live-performances-marantz-cinemarium-soundbar.jpg

29531d1475554588-my-favourite-youtube-live-performances-2x-50cm-hdmi-cables.jpg

Yes, with short 50cm HDMI cables and a 4.3kg PH-22 to weigh down the DMP-BD81 ; a basic Blu-ray player since it seemed enough, being the shortest YouTube processing path, plus picture is better than either of my Mac minis.

However, I enjoy music videos best by using my Consolette, networked to a Mac mini, with smaller screen Trinitron CRT monitor.

There are subtleties with each setup I assemble, videos that sounded great in one system, may sound less engaging in the other.

It's difficult to share... For example, I like Eva Green's voice, but the audio of this favourite may lack richness, be tinny on your playback chain :

«

an accurate picture