IGNORED

Best player software

nzlowie

Actually, I'm quite committed to multi-channel musik playback (DSD/FLAC), and stable hardware processors with connectivity via standards-based specifications.

As much as I like Foobar2000 better than any software player, I've decided to exit software player environment, now that Sony have release their new UHP-H1 player.

Good riddance.

BTW, if you desire good sound quality from Foobar2000, install ASIO support plugin and ASIO4All. Ensure it's properly configured for your system.

wow, that sounds like the ticket....definetely worth a look, especially if i can sell my dac...how is the interface? does it have a remote app? can i control from a pc? if so, it may be just the simple solution i have been looking for. how big can the library be on the usb port?

Is this Windows exclusively? XXHE can be advanced for those new to it, but I like the sound (HQPlayer as well).

thanks...it supports DSD native?

geesh....they hide the download pretty good...i don't see it...i see a download page, but not a link to download it?

i think i found it...a rar file on the bottom of the second link in a forum....not a very user friendly site...hope the software is better than the site....have to install winrar next...haven't used it in awhile or installed it since last computer upgrade. would be nice if they had it in self extracting exe or zip file.

Rar and zip should be extractable with the same tool. All modern unzip packages I know can open both rar and zip files

yea, i know...i just haven't had to open anything besides a zip in a long time so i haven't iinstalled an archive program since my last computer upgrade...windows itself can open a zip but not a rar...

About XXHigh End I'd like to know if it supports a 32bit installation on Win7, and by the way how much does registration cost?

I would suggest you contact Peter at phasure.com with your technical questions. Peter is very responsive and a cool chap.

The best way to take advantage of Peter's HighEnd software capabilities is with his Stealth LPS PC. And the best way to take advantage of the Stealth LPS PC is with his Phasure NOS1a DAC.

This combo is simply amazing. But be prepared to spend some time mastering the system. It's like a super hot rod without AC or cuphoders, and with a racing suspension.

But in my experience, at least, it's been more than worth it. It's an all out assault on sound quality.

Cheers

Actually, I'm quite committed to multi-channel musik playback (DSD/FLAC), and stable hardware processors with connectivity via standards-based specifications.

As much as I like Foobar2000 better than any software player, I've decided to exit software player environment, now that Sony have release their new UHP-H1 player.

Good riddance.

BTW, if you desire good sound quality from Foobar2000, install ASIO support plugin and ASIO4All. Ensure it's properly configured for your system.

wow, that sounds like the ticket....definetely worth a look, especially if i can sell my dac...how is the interface? does it have a remote app? can i control from a pc? if so, it may be just the simple solution i have been looking for. how big can the library be on the usb port?

Basically, it's a blu-ray player, but it quickly exceeds that title. Sony have gone all-out to significantly enhance the audio functionality of this machine. It's available at your local Richer Sounds or Sevenoaks shop:

Sony UHPH1 Black | Smart 3D Blu-ray Player with Hi-Res Audio Playback | Richer Sounds

You should have no problems with a library on a 1 - 2 Terabyte disk drive on a USB port. Connectivity is via USB port input and HDMI output from the UHP-H1.

BTW, here's a Sony pdf file that lists all the supported media types of the UHP-H1.

https://docs.sony.com/release/specs/UHPH1_mksp.pdf

UHPH1-4.jpg

Basically, it's a blu-ray player, but it quickly exceeds that title. Sony have gone all-out to significantly enhance the audio functionality of this machine. It's available at your local Richer Sounds or Sevenoaks shop:

Sony UHPH1 Black | Smart 3D Blu-ray Player with Hi-Res Audio Playback | Richer Sounds

You should have no problems with a library on a 1 - 2 Terabyte disk drive on a USB port. Connectivity is via USB port input and HDMI output from the UHP-H1.

BTW, here's a Sony pdf file that lists all the supported media types of the UHP-H1.

Here's the sevenoaks URL:

Sevenoaks Sound and Vision - Sony UHP-H1 <br> Blu-ray Player

25 quid cheaper there.

[XXHighEnd] is an all out assault on sound quality.

Yep, that's what PeterSt is all about. I've dabbled in many things since my introduction to XXHighEnd back in 2008 but I always come back to PeterSt's stuff. Certainly not the easiest to master nor as aesthetically pleasing as some other stuff out there, but nothing I've tried can match the sound quality of XXHighEnd feeding the NOS1a DAC.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Basically, it's a blu-ray player, but it quickly exceeds that title. Sony have gone all-out to significantly enhance the audio functionality of this machine. ............................................................

Mebbe someone else knows more but I cannot find the word "multichannel" at those links.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Mebbe someone else knows more but I cannot find the word "multichannel" at those links.

This means nothing, as web specifications are notoriously innacurate. You wouldn't believe what I went through with web spec listings, when I purchased the Denon AVR-3313 in late 2012. Denon.co.uk was at odds with both Denon.de and denon.fr. Finally got relief when I found an English published document at Denon.co.jp.

I plan to fully vet this before purchase, even if I have to purchase it beforehand.

My preference (Mac OS) goes to HQPlayer with NAA, after trying all other alternatives.

I use iTunes for library management and browsing and then drag and drop into HQPlayer Desktop.

I don't like Roon.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

This means nothing, as web specifications are notoriously innacurate. You wouldn't believe what I went through with web spec listings, when I purchased the Denon AVR-3313 in late 2012. Denon.co.uk was at odds with both Denon.de and denon.fr. Finally got relief when I found an English published document at Denon.co.jp.

I plan to fully vet this before purchase, even if I have to purchase it beforehand.

Best of luck with that. Don't forget to test for gapless support via UPnP/DLNA network file streaming as well as with local storage, with those MC FLAC & DSD file tracks.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Excellent.

Best of luck with that. Don't forget to test for gapless support via UPnP/DLNA network file streaming as well as with local storage, with those MC FLAC & DSD file tracks.
Good advice.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Here's a youtube presentation from the past week at IFA Berlin. Speculation is Sony's new 4K Ultra player wil be released in December 2016 or January 2017:

Possibly it may have enhanced audio set, as well.

HQPlayer/Roon combination for me.

For me it's Roon or bust - I cannot deal with any other interface anymore. HQPlayer off of Roon sounds fantastic. HQPlayer itself also sounds fantastic but I will not use it standalone - too much of a pain in the rear.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

miguelito- just went back to ROON(yearly) and bought HQplayer

My only gripe is why does HQP have to reload and have to reverify the HQP desktop app then ask for my permission to open it saying its on my disk image HQPlayerDesktop3-mac(1).dmg and that GoogleChrome downloaded it on sept 52016 fromdl.element5.com

Is there something I did incorrectly or is there some way to fix this so HQP just opens up with ROON?

thanks bobbmd

• 3 weeks later...

Good riddance.

i've installed those plugins and jplay, audiogate and hqplayer all sound much better to me.

All i play is dsd music anymore.

I like hqplayer for sound, but the playlist is "wierd". Still waiting for a decent player that supports native dsd...would be nice if you don't need plug-ins or jump through hoops too. Have high hopes for resonic.

I read there are 2 more players that support dsd.

Fostex, don't know anything about...maybe i will check it out tomorrow.

hysolild = looks like it doesn't have a windows gui.

eventually, there will be a streamlined player that supports dsd and has a decent windows gui, without a $500 roon subscription?

yea, and kodi doesnt support native dsd....

REsonic is now announcing native dsd support is in the works...

https://forums.resonic.at/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=396

this will probably be the ticket for me.

for me it's jriver short term and resonic for non-dsd until it supports native dsd.

How about

Resonic? Its meant to be a low resource hi quality player, a few reviews that I read seam promising.

https://resonic.at/home

I downloaded and trying the Resonic Player! (Free - WASAPI out)

I see it has a quite serious matter that needs to be solved!:

It does not change sample rate according to the file played and it resamples everything in the win settings rate you have made!

Also while I was finding it out I selected and pressed Delete to the "playing now" tracks and the program deleted them from my drive without any notification!!

I like the GUI and that it's so lightweight and even the sound but it needs some work!

I will even consider the pro in the future...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

I use foobar because the price is right, the interface is infinitely extendable and can be customized to any form you want. It sounds as good as I care to discern without too much fighting with it.

I don't see myself going the roon route since it's excessively expensive and from the trial I ran of it, it did a poor job with metadata which is unacceptable given that is the primary selling point.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.

I downloaded and trying the Resonic Player! (Free - WASAPI out)

I see it has a quite serious matter that needs to be solved!:

It does not change sample rate according to the file played and it resamples everything in the win settings rate you have made!

Also while I was finding it out I selected and pressed Delete to the "playing now" tracks and the program deleted them from my drive without any notification!!

I like the GUI and that it's so lightweight and even the sound but it needs some work!

I will even consider the pro in the future...

i didnt have probs you have, or maybe i dont know what you are saying...it plays everything i throw at it at correct sample rate? the author is very fast at replying to anything you put on the forum...suggest you ping him.

i didnt have probs you have, or maybe i dont know what you are saying...it plays everything i throw at it at correct sample rate? the author is very fast at replying to anything you put on the forum...suggest you ping him.

I already did and he answered that those features are coming!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

miguelito- just went back to ROON(yearly) and bought HQplayer

My only gripe is why does HQP have to reload and have to reverify the HQP desktop app then ask for my permission to open it saying its on my disk image HQPlayerDesktop3-mac(1).dmg and that GoogleChrome downloaded it on sept 52016 fromdl.element5.com

Is there something I did incorrectly or is there some way to fix this so HQP just opens up with ROON?

thanks bobbmd

to me the worst thing about hqp is the playlist..? I like to just click a song and play it and it continues to play from there...the interface just doesnt seem very intuitive to me, and the gui is very rudimentary...looks like excel spreadsheet...but it sounds great with several more clicks than any other program needs.