IGNORED

Why should i upgrade to AO 2.00?

AudioPhil

Hello everybody

We where and still are asked this question quite a lot (surprisingly). So i thought it might make sense to create a short list with reasons to upgrade to AO 2.00. It also seems a common misunderstanding that AO 2.00 is "only" for Windows 10, and that is absolutely wrong. There won't be different versions or product lines of AO, there will always be only one version of AO supporting more and more operating systems over time.

So why after all should i upgrade to AO 2.00?

• More features, more stability and better usability
  • Better KS & MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2012 R2 in Core & Minimal-Server Mode
  • Better overall sound quality for all OS's, especially Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Additional support for Windows 10 aside from Server 2012 & 2012 R2
  • Get 5 new Activation-Keys for AO 2.00
  • Bugfixes & other improvements
  • New ShellReplacement options and older options are updated (JRiver 22, etc.)
  • Support for Roon -> AO 2.00 makes Roon work in Minimal-Server Mode
  • Access to the latest beta of AO 2.10
    (Current AO 2.10 beta 4 already supports Windows Server 2016 RTM
    including Kernel-Streaming without the need to press F8 during boot)
  • The new update notification feature, never miss an AO update again

To see more details please visit the change log over here -> Highend-AudioPC | Change Log

To upgrade to AO 2.00 please log in the download portal over here -> https://www.highend-audiopc.com/download

Very best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

• 1 month later...

Phil,

Is there a step-by-step upgrade guide to go from 1.4 to 2.0? I would like to upgrade but my 1.4 is on autopilot so I am sure I have forgotten some of the ins and outs of installation. I'd like to keep my prior settings. Are they maintained during the upgrade process or is the upgrade just a new installation which requires re-answering all the option questions?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Hi

Indeed there is, in the PDF guide is a chapter only about updating AO itself.

You may print C:\Windows\ao_settings.log to see what settings you chose on your last run. Yes you need to do a full run of AO after the update.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Phil.

Just so I get this right, I can run the AO setup from a dos box even if I am already running 1.40 in core mode?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Hi

Absolutely, yes. Everything else would be a pain :-) you don't even need to do a reset via ServiceTool first, just launch setup.exe and then run AO again after the reboot (which will also happen automatically).

Best,

Phil