IGNORED

HQPlayer settings in the Roon App?

matthias

i hope it"s not true as roon is already slow by itself . i will prefer that they focus on the streamings offers , tidal is cool but tidal + quobuz will be nicer than an heavy HQP plug-in :)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

i hope it"s not true as roon is already slow by itself . i will prefer that they focus on the streamings offers , tidal is cool but tidal + quobuz will be nicer than an heavy HQP plug-in :)

I think you are misunderstanding the connection. The only needed addition to Roon is the ability to switch the filter settings (not to load the rest of HQP into Roon). The interaction could be very much like that with Tidal. For HQP it could be just a little pop up box (like the one you use to select you audio output) that would also give you the ability to select filter choices or choose between DSD and PCM output, or choose the upsampling rate.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

I think you are misunderstanding the connection. The only needed addition to Roon is the ability to switch the filter settings (not to load the rest of HQP into Roon). The interaction could be very much like that with Tidal. For HQP it could be just a little pop up box (like the one you use to select you audio output) that would also give you the ability to select filter choices or choose between DSD and PCM output, or choose the upsampling rate.

+1 on this. I don't believe that having access to HQP's filter settings from within Roon would add any significant overhead.

As far as " roon is already slow by itself," I think that depends on (1) what kind of computer you're running Roon on, and (2) to a lesser extent, the size of your library. Speaking anecdotally, I find Roon to be as quick and responsive as I want it to be on my mid-2011 i5 Mac mini, which I don't consider to be anything special at this point.

I've seen reports of Roon bogging down in certain circumstances when installed on a NAS, and I'd imagine it could get a little sluggish when running on other

"bare minimum" hardware, but I wouldn't generally characterize Roon as "slow." (Also, it occurs to me that things could get a little funky if you were playing back Tidal tracks or an Internet radio stream and there were some kind of network issue, but I wouldn't consider that to be a Roon problem.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

+1

I think it would be great to have access to the HQPlayer settings from the Roon app.

As I am not a member of the Roon forum, does someone know if there is already a thread about this topic on the Roon forum or elsewhere?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)