IGNORED

USB Cable Rec's for Sonore MicroRendu

Hey guys/gals, just picked up a MRendu and need a cable to go with it, something 1 meter or less should be fine as it will most likely be sitting close to the DAC. It came with a small direct hard USB plug but i don't have the room to plug it directly into my DAC. Definitely looking to spend less then $100.

Thanks

Supra

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks for the rec's so far...that Curious Cable looks really interesting, just a bit too rich for my blood! Although i see the short one they make for the Regen is $120, that's not too bad i guess. I'm thinking the WireWorld Starlight 7 (.3M for $85) might be the one.

Anyone else?

Thanks for the rec's so far...that Curious Cable looks really interesting, just a bit too rich for my blood! Although i see the short one they make for the Regen is $120, that's not too bad i guess. I'm thinking the WireWorld Starlight 7 (.3M for $85) might be the one.

Anyone else?

The WireWorld Starlight 7's blew me away. I got them last week. The improvement was immediate and self-evident. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Belken Gold USB. Amazon $8

I moved from Belkin Gold to WireWorld Starlight 7.

I thought Belkin was perfectly fine, and I bought the WireWorld off Amazon certain that I would hear no difference and that I'd be returning them.

I was wrong.

For that $72 difference, I found it to be no contest.

I thought Belkin was perfectly fine, and I bought the WireWorld off Amazon certain that I would hear no difference and that I'd be returning them.

I was wrong.

It may be DAC dependent then. The OP should order both and then return one. I love Amazon for the hassle free returns even if you have pay just a bit of shipping.

I was wrong.

What length did you buy? What gear are you using it with?

What length did you buy? What gear are you using it with?

Mac Mini-->WireWorld Starlight 7 (.5 meter)-->Intona-->WireWorld Starlight 7 (1 meter)-->Exogal Comet

BTW, insofar as tweaks go, I've found the Intona to make an almost imperceptible difference in my system.

The WireWorld Starlight 7's effect, by contrast, as about a subtle as a thunderclap.

Mac Mini-->WireWorld Starlight 7 (.5 meter)-->Intona-->WireWorld Starlight 7 (1 meter)-->Exogal Comet

BTW, insofar as tweaks go, I've found the Intona to make an almost imperceptible difference in my system.

The WireWorld Starlight 7's effect, by contrast, as about a subtle as a thunderclap.

cool thanks. I'll be using it between the MicroRendu and a Peachtree Audio Nova integrated.

Hey guys/gals, just picked up a MRendu and need a cable to go with it, something 1 meter or less should be fine as it will most likely be sitting close to the DAC. It came with a small direct hard USB plug but i don't have the room to plug it directly into my DAC. Definitely looking to spend less then $100.

Thanks

I am curious about this "hard" usb supplied with the Rendu. Is it simply a throwaway? Or is it the most direct and noise free path from the Rendu to your DAC?

The Rendu is on my list of possibilities in conjunction with the small green computer guy's unit...Sonicorbitor or whatever it is called...looks interesting.

Best

Wdw

I am curious about this "hard" usb supplied with the Rendu. Is it simply a throwaway? Or is it the most direct and noise free path from the Rendu to your DAC?

The Rendu is on my list of possibilities in conjunction with the small green computer guy's unit...Sonicorbitor or whatever it is called...looks interesting.

Best

Wdw

You could be right! I'll certainly try it out if I can, the problem for me is space, I just don't have the room at the moment for a direct connection, hence the reason for this post for a quality cable.

Best

Wdw

I think that hard USB is not an ideal solution and should be avoided, is possible. It may be the most direct but it is not the most noise-free.

I think that hard USB is not an ideal solution and should be avoided, is possible. It may be the most direct but it is not the most noise-free.

Here's a new short USB cable made by Cards for Snore. $75

SONORE Adapttaeur

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

Have you compared it to a cable or making an educated guess. In this scenario not sure why a cable with additional contacts, etc, would be superior.

Cheers,

Warren

Have you compared it to a cable or making an educated guess. In this scenario not sure why a cable with additional contacts, etc, would be superior.

Cheers,

Warren

Somewhere in between. I used the stub, then swapped it out with the WireWorld. On the other hand, I swapped out the Belkin with another WireWorld at the same time, so it wasn't a clean comparison.

My guess would be materials and design, but if's just a guess. Not terribly educated at that.

Here's an interesting shorty USB cable that popped up on Ebay. May be worth trying for the price of $39 with free shipping.

Cable material:4N 27awg pure silver wire 12 core

Plug:Gold-plated plug

length: 15cm(include the connector)

All are use 3%Ag tin welded

15cm USB 2 0 A B Device Audiophile HiFi DAC Pure Silver Data Connect Cable | eBay

USB Cable.jpg

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant