IGNORED

Gapless playback? Macbook > Minimserver > Bubbleupnp > Linn Kazoo/Creation5 > Chromecast Audio

Hi all, I wonder if you can help.

Thanks to advice from this forum, I recently installed Minimserver and Bubbleupnp on my Macbook to send music to a Chromecast Audio. Everything works perfectly - using either the Linn Kazoo or Creation5 control apps on either OS X or iOS - except for big gaps between music tracks. The gaps are longer when using Kazoo compared to Creation5.

I never experienced gaps using iTunes > Soundcast > Chromecast Audio. Have I set this up wrong?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi all, I wonder if you can help.

Thanks to advice from this forum, I recently installed Minimserver and Bubbleupnp on my Macbook to send music to a Chromecast Audio. Everything works perfectly - using either the Linn Kazoo or Creation5 control apps on either OS X or iOS - except for big gaps between music tracks. The gaps are longer when using Kazoo compared to Creation5.

I never experienced gaps using iTunes > Soundcast > Chromecast Audio. Have I set this up wrong?

Any help would be really appreciated.

CCA only seems to do gapless when using a sound capture software like Soundcast or Airparrot. Why did you stop using Soundcast?

CCA only seems to do gapless when using a sound capture software like Soundcast or Airparrot. Why did you stop using Soundcast?

Oh ok that's frustrating! I swapped soundcast for the current set up because I am thinking of buying a NAS and wanted to test out methods of streaming to the CCA beforehand on the MacBook.

Is gapless via CCA definitely not possible in this way? I just found it odd that the gap length changed with the control app used and wondered if this was more of a software issue before the CCA got involved?

Oh ok that's frustrating! I swapped soundcast for the current set up because I am thinking of buying a NAS and wanted to test out methods of streaming to the CCA beforehand on the MacBook.

Is gapless via CCA definitely not possible in this way? I just found it odd that the gap length changed with the control app used and wondered if this was more of a software issue before the CCA got involved?

No it's definitely a CCA issue. I would try Airparrot, sounds better than Soundcast and you can use iTunes or try other media players to get gapless.

No it's definitely a CCA issue. I would try Airparrot, sounds better than Soundcast and you can use iTunes or try other media players to get gapless.

Ok thanks - can I use Airparrot with a NAS, or am I going to have to think about an alternative streamer if I want to move away from computer music to a NAS and keep gapless playback?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Ok thanks. That's annoying! Oh well, I did think it was too good to be true that a £30 product would do everything I wanted for home streaming.

Am I right in saying my options for moving to a NAS are:

1. Suck it up and live with the gaps (won't be listening to many house/techno mix compilations in future)

2. Hope Google supports gapless playback in a future CCA update

3. Look for an alternative streamer

If 3, what's recommended?

Ok thanks - can I use Airparrot with a NAS, or am I going to have to think about an alternative streamer if I want to move away from computer music to a NAS and keep gapless playback?

Yes if you go NAS route you need a different streamer like an Aurilac Aries Mini, more money though and not necessarily better sounding. First thing to do is try Airparott, if you like the sound and don't want to use your macbook for music, get a mac mini or cheaper mini windows PC and use that as your server.